Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Hechizero

Hechizero Avatar
Blessed With Magic

October 2010
My main form of entertainment is without doubt anime. The variety of stories and the topics presented makes me want to watch a lot of them simultaneously. I have seen from really crappy ones, to decent, to masterpieces. And I discovered a long time ago the type of genre that appeal to me.

Here is a complete list of what anime I'm watching/completed/etc. That site is perfect for maintaining a record of what you're doing with anime and/or manga (and my OCD part likes to keep records =P).

So, I'm going to post about anime that I recently finished and comment a little about them. The reason for making it a general thread instead of individual threads each time I finish an anime is because maybe not everybody here watch anime OR watch the anime that I watch.

Anyways, that's it for an introduction to this thread. Ohh, and remember that there might be spoilers for all the entries that I post.

Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin
This series had a lot of potential for me. I enjoy bad-ass female main characters, and I tough this was going to quench that thirst. But alas, not so quite. The main character oscillates between bad-ass and bitchy, and sometimes between bad-ass and observer. Her distinctive characteristic is supposed to be the know-it-all of occult stuff yet only in rare occasion is her knowledge helpful.
She is partnered with a pathetic sidekick whose only purpose is to be his man-bitch. I would have loved for him to be more interesting, but in the end I saw him merely as comic relief. But maybe that was intended from the beginning and I just expected something else.
Almost all the episodes were OK but I have to say that I loved the witches part. If the series could have more moments like that I would have enjoyed it oh so much more. Sadly that part was too short and it ended in a crappy way. Now the fact that the sidekick never got his powers back until the end, and then he dies, made me feel more annoyed than moved. Though the end scene, witch Maya's father getting out and watching the world, receiving a call and going back to his house was, IMO, a great ending.

~Hechizero

Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011 22:25:04 GMT by Hechizero

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Occult Academy, eh? (That's the official English title) I remember trying to watch that one during the Spring season. It started off really well, but then the writing staff just seemed to give up (the curse that plagues 90% of all recent anime). I ended up just dropping it about ten episodes into it. I really hate when they lose track of the main plot after two episodes and don't get it back until an episode or two from the end. Eight or nine episodes of poorly-written filler just doesn't apply to me. :-/
wat

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
We'll have to see if there's anything that you put on this list that I'll feel like watching. Mostly I just read manga, and only have a few anime that I like (Code Geass, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop).

Hechizero

Hechizero Avatar
Blessed With Magic

October 2010
Scorpian Avatar
Occult Academy, eh? (That's the official English title) I remember trying to watch that one during the Spring season. It started off really well, but then the writing staff just seemed to give up (the curse that plagues 90% of all recent anime). I ended up just dropping it about ten episodes into it. I really hate when they lose track of the main plot after two episodes and don't get it back until an episode or two from the end. Eight or nine episodes of poorly-written filler just doesn't apply to me. :-/

Yeah, for me it started OK, and the later episodes added a little of character development in an episodic-mission kind of way. The problem was that the added character development was lacking in so many ways (or just unappealing/lame for my tastes). And the filler impression is one that I didn't think about but at the same time I think it's a good word for representing what happened with the series. I think that if we ignore all those episodes in between it would have been more interesting, maybe as an OVA or something. Oh well...

Eric Avatar
We'll have to see if there's anything that you put on this list that I'll feel like watching. Mostly I just read manga, and only have a few anime that I like (Code Geass, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop).

Good, I'll post another one in a couple of hours. Right now I have to do something really quick.

~Hechizero

Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011 22:23:51 GMT by Hechizero

newBookmarkLockedFalling