Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
www.slashfilm.com/watch-incredible-dead-island-video-game-trailer/

Sorry for the blog link, I can't access YouTube at work. :P

Either way, best trailer since the Old Republic and Reach "Hope" trailers. One of the best game trailers I've ever seen, to be honest.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Yeah this looks pretty cool, although there's no actual preview of the game play so it could easily be quite similar to the L4D franchise. A Walking Dead game is also in the works, which I would probably opt for at this point because of the TV series, but I definitely look forward to seeing some more of Dead Island game play!

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
It's apparently more like Dead Rising than L4D. From what I understand, guns are not the main weapons in this one and it will be a first person, open world experience with a map that is as big as a RockStar game.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
That isn't what the graphics will look like. It's a cinematic trailer. It likely uses the same rendering engine, but there isn't a consumer machine out there that can render that in real time. Sadly.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Cool trailer, but it wasn't amazing and yeah, I dunno. Too many zombie games of late.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
xmsteel Avatar
It doesn't really matter much what the graphics are.

Graphics are what I decide to buy my next game on ;)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Should be interesting, but I'll need to see gameplay for sure. :P

marszalek

marszalek Avatar

Banned

March 2011
JD Avatar
Yeah this looks pretty cool, although there's no actual preview of the game play so it could easily be quite similar to the L4D franchise. A Walking Dead game is also in the works, which I would probably opt for at this point because of the TV series, but I definitely look forward to seeing some more of Dead Island game play!

-----------------------------
- LINKS REMOVED -
Very cool, I'm looking forward to it.

Last Edit: Mar 28, 2011 9:10:53 GMT by Chris

newBookmarkLockedFalling