Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Anybody else play this game? I bought it the other day since the dialogue forced me too. Plus, the guy who does Gray's voice is the same guy who did the voice of Spike Spiegel and Mugen, two of the biggest bad-asses that anime has ever produced.

Despite my extreme hatred of the Unreal 3 engine (arguably one of the worst game engines out there that everybody seriously needs to stop using), I'm really enjoying it. The gameplay is fun. I mean, come on... you get points for kicking a guy into the air and shooting him in the crotch. You can't beat that. :P
wat

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I REALLY want this game, but it's too expensive for me right now. But after hearing what you said, I'm glad it's as good as it looks.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I tried the demo a little bit ago and was not thoroughly impressed. I'm sure I'll play it through once my friend beats it.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Not sure if I should buy this or wait for Homefront to come out. Or both. Or both and GoW3 and MW3 and HaloHD.

Shit. My wallet is going to hate me.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, I'm borrowing this from my friend Chase since he went home over spring break, so I'll have a decent opinion of it in about a week or so. :P I did enjoy watching him play some arena mode where you have to kill them stylistically to advance to the next round, otherwise you don't get enough points.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Campaign freaking sucks.

Homefront's campaign, on the other hand, freaking rocks.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
What's so bad about the campaign?

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
What's so bad about the campaign?

It's insanely repetitive. It is seriously the exact same process for every little piece of a level. And it feels like a 14 year old wrote it. "I know! Giant robot dinosaur!" "I know! The main character can say 'dick' every five seconds!"

Ugh. I buy games for the campaign, not the multiplayer. I'm just seriously disappointed with it.

But Homefront is making up for it. Best campaign since MW2, easily. And I'm only halfway through the damn game, too.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Yeah, the campaign left something to be desired. It's painfully obvious that the ending was designed to make it easy for adding a sequel too. There were a good three or four ENORMOUS cliffhangers in there. AT LEAST. I really hate when they do that. :(
wat

newBookmarkLockedFalling