Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, spring break is here, and I'm doing some work. First off, since it's now officially spring (despite snowing here in Boston...), SZ has thawed out and the winter skin is gone for another year. If you still have some winter images, hit ctrl+f5 to clear your cache.

Now, onto updates. I've been putting in some work on my achievement checker. You know, the one that runs as I browse SZ. Part of the big update behind this is collecting data. Data like, what boards a user has posted in. While I did previously do this for the purpose of awarding Activity Through Diversity (post in every board), but now it's all in an SQL database which lets me do things like view all users who have completed this (yes, Wrighty is missing) and let me check by user. While this system is all stored locally during development, you guys can PM me and I'll gladly tell you which boards you're missing. :) Takes all of two seconds for me to do.

That might seem quite inconvenient though. I mean, PMing me for that list? Yeah, that would be quite a pain. That's why achievement completion lists are officially in development. These will let you quickly check which parts of an achievement you've completed. Obviously, the advantages of this speak for itself. I'm still debating adding something to the homepage to let you track these as you browse SZ. We'll see. ;)

I've also begun tracking good ratings for Critique Extraordinaire (10 good ratings in Showcase.) It has a similar local system to the Activity Through Diversity achievement above. If you want to know how close you are, go ahead and PM me on that too. :)

P.S. Work got done on v3 on both of the last two days.

Last Edit: Mar 22, 2011 5:43:28 GMT by Chris

newBookmarkLockedFalling