Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

marszalek

marszalek Avatar

Banned

March 2011
1. Team Fortress 2 (PC/Mac): Valve's 2007 team-based sequel is by far the best FPS value on the PC. I say the PC because unfortunately all of their great free updates (Maps, Weapons, Modes) do not make it over to the Xbox 360. That said, you can't find a more fun and varied FPS experience on any platform. As with all Valve games, it will also be available for the Mac very shortly.

-LINKS REMOVEd-

Last Edit: Mar 28, 2011 9:11:33 GMT by Chris

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
While a bot did post this... I agree, TF2 is an amazing FPS. MW2 is definitely up there as well. I'd also throw in Halo (whole series). Not sure what else to add. I personally loved Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, but I doubt anyone here played that. :P

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
That seemed to be a fairly coherent sentence for a bot, if a little behidn the times

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
No order: Modern Warfare 2, Halo 2, Portal, Doom (yes, the god damn original classic), and Goldeneye. Done.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Also in no order:

-Goldeneye.
-Borderlands.
-Call of Juarez.
-Killing Floor.
-Serious Sam.

Not necessarily the best, but some of my favorites or ones that stick out in my mind as games I want to continually play or have fond memories of playing. Honorable mentions go to DOOM (great game even today, but still can't really compare with current FPSs), Portal (I wouldn't consider it an FPS really, but if I did, it'd make the list), and COD4 (the original Modern Warfare since I never played MW2).

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Borderlands is definitely a good one. I hope they release more DLC soon.

I went back and played Goldeneye recently, and it sucked. I was disappointed.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
Borderlands is definitely a good one. I hope they release more DLC soon.

I went back and played Goldeneye recently, and it sucked. I was disappointed.

TAKE THAT BACK.

Hopefully the new Goldeneye doesn't suck...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've heard the Wii Goldeneye is bad as well. and I'm not taking it back. The game rocked when I was younger, but now that you play it with one stick, it's just weird...

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I was never a fan of FPS until I got MW2. So since then I have had that, Black Ops, and WaW. Halo 3, ODST and Reach. Oh I also have that Battlefield Bad Company 2... So I have only owned/played 7 FPS games. BAsically, no order, remove Black Ops and Bad Company 2.. and voila.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
xmsteel Avatar
My Favorite (In Order):

1.) Borderlands
2.) BF2142
3.) CoD: Black Ops
4.) CoD: 2
5.) CS:S

I'll have to rethink my list. I did forget counter strike. Epic series of games.

richardgary1223
1. Borderlands
2. TF2
3. Half-Life 2
4. Crysis
5. Black Ops

I really like hl2. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling