Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Hey guys. I just wanted to post this here and get you guy's thoughts on my idea.

support.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=pbgt&thread=390339&page=1

That thread just about sums up my idea. So what do you guys think?
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
No.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008

Yes. To agreeing with Luci.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Not really my cup of tea Night. =/ Though it's good of you to think of the people who influenced PB a lot.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Ok that's ok if you don't like it. May i ask why though?

I will probably drop the idea if so many people don't want it.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
No. Because it will add an "achievement" that people will long for, but never earn. It's not like the football Hall of Fame. Being inducted would be much easier than that. It also isn't recognizing someone for something they did and that is in the past, as opposed to their current actions.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
What is wrong with recognizing someone who did something good in the past? They don't let people who are still playing into the NFL hall do they?

Last Edit: May 23, 2011 17:29:26 GMT by Joe Kerr

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Joe Kerr Avatar
What is wrong with recognizing someone who did something good in the past? They don't let people who are still playing into the NFL hall do they?

That's the problem... how do you determine when someone should be "inducted"? I mean... Chris is, by all means, a "Proboards Legend" and is still active. Some people, like Bobby or Peter or Oliver or Alan or the hundreds of others, are inactive legends that are being forgotten. I suppose that would be the purpose of something like this, but who would be there to nominate or vote for them? Chris is someone everyone knows but wouldn't be eligible by normal definitions while those that are eligible are largely forgotten.

And before someone brings it up... I am an SSD vet and that is why every single inactive legend I listed was an SSD admin. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

I mean... Chris is, by all means, a "Proboards Legend" and is still active.

Kiss up. :P

If you really think I need to kiss up to Chris, you really have not paid attention at all for however long you have been here. I'm pretty good friends with Chris.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

Kiss up. :P

If you really think I need to kiss up to Chris, you really have not paid attention at all for however long you have been here. I'm pretty good friends with Chris.

Suck up.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Chris Avatar
Josh Avatar

Suck up.

XD

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I hate you.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Joe Kerr Avatar

That's the problem... how do you determine when someone should be "inducted"? I mean... Chris is, by all means, a "Proboards Legend" and is still active. Some people, like Bobby or Peter or Oliver or Alan or the hundreds of others, are inactive legends that are being forgotten. I suppose that would be the purpose of something like this, but who would be there to nominate or vote for them? Chris is someone everyone knows but wouldn't be eligible by normal definitions while those that are eligible are largely forgotten.

And before someone brings it up... I am an SSD vet and that is why every single inactive legend I listed was an SSD admin. :P

This.

Also, suck up.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Meh. Posted my thoughts on there. But Josh has a significant point as well. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Josh Avatar

This.

Also, suck up.

Thank you so much for agreeing Luci. Your contributions to this discussion show why you're a valued member of our community. In fact, I should promote you soon.

Suck up.

Last Edit: May 26, 2011 5:48:28 GMT by Chris

newBookmarkLockedFalling