Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
This is a skin that I coded for Sunjo with some help from moneyman and dreggie. It still has bugs that I need to work out, but it's good enough to release. Best viewed in Firefox and Chrome.

4our.proboards.com

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Last Edit: Jun 29, 2011 2:58:47 GMT by Jordan

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
So rad. I actually just saw this on dA a few days ago, i had no idea it was being coded. Fantastic work.

Board highlight doesn't work well in IE, which I'm sure you guys know about.

Also on the thread listing page, I think the ad being pushed to the bottom of the page might be against TOS. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it'd be worth looking into.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Pretty cool. The main thing that I notice is just the lack of balance. I don't think you should go for symmetrical, but I feel like there does need to be something on the right to level it out some. I feel like I hardly even want to look at the content because the focus is to the left.

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Deko Avatar
So rad. I actually just saw this on dA a few days ago, i had no idea it was being coded. Fantastic work.

Board highlight doesn't work well in IE, which I'm sure you guys know about.

Also on the thread listing page, I think the ad being pushed to the bottom of the page might be against TOS. I'm not 100% sure on this, but it'd be worth looking into.

Thanks man, and yeah, IE sucks. I don't feel like fixing anything for that browser at this point.

And the links are being moved, not the ad.
Eric Avatar
Pretty cool. The main thing that I notice is just the lack of balance. I don't think you should go for symmetrical, but I feel like there does need to be something on the right to level it out some. I feel like I hardly even want to look at the content because the focus is to the left.

That's a big problem that I've noticed for people with wide monitors. Sunjo may have to do some redesigning, or I could put one of my HTML5 games over there. :P

Last Edit: Jul 2, 2011 0:05:09 GMT by Jordan

xkaymex
I have to say this is probably one of the best skins I've ever seen. o.o I'm seriously impressed. The only two things I'm not sure I like as much about it are purely out of preference. One was mentioned before, being the balance issue with everything being on the left. The other is that I'm not sure I like the mouseover effect on the main menu buttons. I think glowing text effect or colour change instead of the box in the background would look better.

Seriously though, this is an awesome skin.

Sunjo

Sunjo Avatar

Official Member

February 2007
Thanks for the feedback and compliment, Kayme! <3

As far as the balance issues, that's something I kept in mind when designing this, but didn't see it as a huge issue. I'm not sure a great deal can be done about it at this point. In the future though I'll definitely try to be more aware for wide screen users.

As for the menu rollovers, we've actually got a bit of feedback about those as well, it's something I was pondering changing yesterday infact. I'll probably be experimenting around with different rollover effects over the next few days and try to figure out something better for them.

The original idea for the menu rollovers was very spur of the moment, while Jordan was coding 4OUR I had a random idea for the rollovers, asked Jordan if he thought it looked good and he said yes, so that was the end of that decision haha.

In short: Not a lot of thought was put into the rollovers at all, unlike the rest of the design.

Thanks again for the feedback, I love to hear criticism, as it gives me motivation to improve. :)

Playing in the dirt
We find the seeds of doubt
Don't water them with your tears
Don't think about all the years
You'd rather be without

newBookmarkLockedFalling