Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
So, erm .. I made a whoopsie ]; I bought new headphones and tried to put them in my iPhone. Some how, it snapped off half way when I was pulling it out of the phone, and now a piece of the headphones that goes into the jack is stuck waaaay down in there.

I have NO idea how to get it out besides bringing it to AT&T or the Mac store and getting them to do it for me. But that means I'll probably go without a phone for a little while, which would suck. So ... does anybody have any ideas that won't kill my phone?

Signature coming~

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Twerque Avatar
I have NO idea how to get it out besides bringing it to AT&T or the Mac store and getting them to do it for me. But that means I'll probably go without a phone for a little while, which would suck. So ... does anybody have any ideas that won't kill my phone?

Go to the AT&T or Mac store. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Tooth pick didn't work? I would also try rpidly, but gently, plugging and unplugging another pair of headphones. That is how the Apple Store fixed a similar problem with my MacBook a few years back.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I wouldn't risk it. I'd probably just go to the Mac Store. :P They might be able to do it on the spot. Might.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
I wouldn't risk it. I'd probably just go to the Mac Store. :P They might be able to do it on the spot. Might.

I would assume they could. Just go to the store. It might take them 20 minutes or a couple hours or whatever, but you could probably get your phone back that day.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
I'm hoping I can :/ I'll probably go next week sometime. It's so awkward -- I have to put people on speaker phone when they call because audio doesn't work.

But thanks for the suggestions ... Probably just going to the Mac store, as said, to let them figure it out. Didn't know if there were any quick fixes to this that I wasn't aware of. Apparantly not >> Aw well.
[/size]
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Twerque Avatar
I'm hoping I can :/ I'll probably go next week sometime. It's so awkward -- I have to put people on speaker phone when they call because audio doesn't work.

But thanks for the suggestions ... Probably just going to the Mac store, as said, to let them figure it out. Didn't know if there were any quick fixes to this that I wasn't aware of. Apparantly not >> Aw well.
[/size][/quote]

You could always try Googling it or checking Yahoo answers. There may be a quick fix, but none of us know.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Twerque Avatar

[/size][/quote]

You could always try Googling it or checking Yahoo answers. There may be a quick fix, but none of us know.[/quote]

Not likely, the combination of us all could reproduce wikipedia. We are citation.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Twerque Avatar

[/size][/quote]

Not to be a prick or anything, but what is a "Mac Store"?
I've heard of Apple Stores, but not a Mac store. Is that the same thing or?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that's the definition of being a prick.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

Not to be a prick or anything, but what is a "Mac Store"?
I've heard of Apple Stores, but not a Mac store. Is that the same thing or?

I stand by this statement.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
xmsteel Avatar
Chris Avatar

a mac store?

Do you remember when I reset your karma to 0 so you could start "fresh"? And now it's -67, at the time of this post?

It's posts like those - being a prick - which is one reason why you have such bad rep.

Just sayin'
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Benjamin Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

a mac store?

Do you remember when I reset your karma to 0 so you could start "fresh"? And now it's -67, at the time of this post?

It's posts like those - being a prick - which is one reason why you have such bad rep.

Just sayin'

Stop before people start thinking that karma matters again.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Benjamin Avatar

Just sayin'

Karma doesn't mean anything anyway. If you lower someones then they just lower yours just because. Its pretty stupid.

Actually, I don't do that.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Benjamin Avatar

Just sayin'

Karma doesn't mean anything anyway. If you lower someones then they just lower yours just because. Its pretty stupid.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7LrViaPq7M&feature=related
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Benjamin Avatar

Just sayin'

Stop before people start thinking that karma matters again.

This. :P I'm debating whether or not we'll include the dislike function in v5 on SZ, just so people can't abuse it. (It's still a debate at PB whether or not to even include the link.)

newBookmarkLockedFalling