Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I was put on my brother's and his girlfriends housing application form.
I now want to be removed from it because I don't want to be living with them two for longer than I have to.

Plus, they will be having all the power because the tenancy in in their name, I will just be listed as living with them, so a lodger.

I don't like living with ANY of them one bit.

For me to be removed from the form, I have to send in a letter to the council, but my problem is that I don't know what to put, how to put it, what info to include/not include. Or even how to start/end the letter.

So far all I have is (It's most likely all wrong and just stupid):

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to request that I, Brett Millward be removed from NAME and NAME's housing application. This is due to them being their own family, and I don't want to be a third wheel.

Sincerely,
Brett Millward. (this will be a signature)

and will NOT be in the letter, obviously.

Edit:
This will be a hand written letter by the way, since I have no printer.

Last Edit: Jul 22, 2011 18:01:50 GMT by Stinky666

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
This sounds like something Kay would know how to word. I'll send her a text to check this thread. :P

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Much appreciated. I genuinely suck at letter writing.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I don't think "third wheel" is very formal, but yeah, Kay'd be the one to ask probably. :P

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
O.O Yes, your stupid text woke me up.

Before I help, a question. Does this mean you'll be moving out? What info are you on the fence about including/not including?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Kay: You were asleep at 2pm noon? :P Sheesh.

Edit: Timezone difference, but still.

Last Edit: Jul 22, 2011 20:24:20 GMT by Chris

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I just have no idea what information I need to provide, at all.
I will have to move out of my current property where I am when they find a property yes. Reason for this is because it's in my brothers name - the tenancy was succeeded- and I can't take it over even though their tenancy would be completely new, because it's a joint one. Once a tenancy has been succeeded, you can not be put on to it (as a partner, relative or anything).

What I failed to explain was that we aren't actually having to move out yet etc.
Basically you send in the housing form to be put on a waiting list. Where you are on the list depends on several things, but mainly: how long you have lived in the area you are wanting to live (if you haven't lived there at all, you get 0pts); whether you have a child; whether you are disabled; and lots of other things.

There are different types of lists too. Waiting times for some are much longer than others. For example, for a 1 bedroom flat, because they are in such high demand, I'd be on a waiting list for 3 years. What they want is a 2bed (one for them + they have a child).. So that means they would get the 2 bed flat/house faster than what I would a flat. Meaning, this whole thing will actually most likely make me homeless.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Kay Avatar
O.O Yes, your stupid text woke me up.

You are very, very welcome.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Kay: You were asleep at 2pm noon? :P Sheesh.

Edit: Timezone difference, but still.

Yes, it was the first night I've gotten more than 6 hours sleep so I was cherishing it.

, hmm. When do you need to have this turned in? I'm free tomorrow (Saturday) and I'll be online all day. If you can get on MSN I can help you out with it and we can actually figure out what to include and exclude. All of that jazz.

Josh, I hate you. Gtfo.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I need it for Monday preferably. I'm always on MSN btw =D

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Kay would be best as everyone else said, probably. Well, second best. I would be best, but you can't afford my services.

Here's the thing to remember. You're writing this to people. Not machines. People. So long as you're formal, respectful, and include all pertinent information, there's no reason to stress over what you're writing. It doesn't have to be pages long, and avoid slang terms and informal phrases (such as "third wheel").

Other than that, there's really no reason at all for you to stress over this. It's always good to have a couple people look over what you've written, but don't worry so much about every tiny detail. You're not trying to win an award, you're just trying to get your name off the tenancy.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, should be pretty easy to take care of. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling