Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
A little backstory... I'm a freshmen in college, in my second set of classes.

Okay. Now.

I was looking at all the entry-level classes that students are required to take. They include things like intro to business management, college algebra, basic critical thinking, english composition and an intro to computers course.

Realizing that I would be bored in all of these classes, since I've already learned what they would be covering, I decided to take some proficiencies. My school allows you to take two proficiencies every eight weeks. You can proficiency out of english, math, and the computer course.

About two weeks ago, I decided to take my proficiencies in english and in computers.

The english was easy - We had to describe what a main/body/closing was and the elements included. Then we had to write 400 words on stress. Very easy.

The computer proficiency was also easy. It was a simulation of certain apps (windows) in which you could click a limited number of buttons to achieve what the question asked you to do. For example, it displayed Word 2007 and said "save this document". You could do the sphere > save, or ctrl + s, etc. It also included other things like "expand this directory in windows explorer".

Really simple stuff. A few days after the tests, I got an e-mail saying that my english result was in. I went to pick it up, and while there, they told me that my computer result was in as well.

I opened the english and saw that I had a 95% (you only needed an 80% to pass). I was happy! So i opened the computer result, expecting a similar score, and all it said was "FAILED".

I had to start laughing because I've been programming for almost eight years with various languages, and have been using a computer actively since I was three. Yet evidently, I failed.

Anyway, I'm on my way to see the dean today.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newBookmarkLockedFalling