Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, currently the only running contest is "What is it?" I want to get one or two more running, just to add some challenges to the Studio. There's an ongoing discussion regarding the Oscars contest, but I'd like a recurring contest.

I have two contests I'm looking at bringing back right now:
1) You searched WHAT?!
2) Weekly caption contest

I'd love to hear your guys input on those contests, or maybe another, different contest we can run.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I wouldn't mind running the "Guess the Game" thing since I doubt SO is coming back ever.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
I wouldn't mind running the "Guess the Game" thing since I doubt SO is coming back ever.

Given that there's an achievement for it, you can take over if you'd like. Maybe just start a new thread and link to the old one? (So that you can modify your own posts.)

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
I'd like both contests to come back... although I'm leaning more to the Caption Contest... (if I had to pick only one)

Captioning humorous pictures is always fun.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've got no problem with bringing them both back. I was just looking for input on if anyone else had any requests. :)

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I'd do 'em all :P
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, do you have suggestions for any others? :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris, make like Spider-man and sticky this shit. Also, maybe advertise it/announce it/something so people know it's back up and running. Granted, our community is still fairly small so how you decide to go about that is up to you.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris, make like Spider-man and sticky this shit. Also, maybe advertise it/announce it/something so people know it's back up and running. Granted, our community is still fairly small so how you decide to go about that is up to you.

Stickied and added to announcements table. :)

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar

May 2009
Make like a spiderman... I liked that.

Perhaps we should have a movie contest, where one vaguely describes a movie and everyone has to guess which movie it was?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
~Memzak~ Avatar

Perhaps we should have a movie contest, where one vaguely describes a movie and everyone has to guess which movie it was?

I've seen a game (or something) similar to that. You describe a movie in just ONE word (or maybe one phrase) and someone has to figure out what the movie is.

ie: Gay vampires.

The obvious answer is Twilight.

Or maybe Mutant would be for X-Men. Obviously they aren't all gonna be dead giveaways, and hopefully whoever does it would be creative enough so that people aren't just blindly guessing any movie that it could apply to. Perhaps treat it like the Guess the Image game and every 5 guesses, add another word that describes it equally vaguely, but narrows it down in conjunction with the previous word.

I like your idea.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Also, I liked the "You Searched WHAT?!" contest.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
~Memzak~ Avatar

A spiderman? :P

I wouldn't mind us doing that. It could be interesting. However, I don't see enough movies to run one...

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar

May 2009
Yea, the 700000 supposedly listen on imdb don't seem like enough. It's not like they still produce movies any more...

I doubt we'd run out, perhaps we'd run out of easy guesses... but not out of movies in total.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Yeah, they don't have to be new movies by any means. In fact, popular or classic movies (ones that even YOU are likely to have seen) work best since people will be more familiar and will be able to draw connections between single phrase descriptions and the actual movie.

newBookmarkLockedFalling