Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Rather oldish but I would to get some feedback so I can edit it again if needed.

Update 1: i5.minus.com/iXEMf8c1jK1Bo.png
i6.minus.com/i5IcgG7hgpGIi.png

Last Edit: Jan 16, 2013 20:58:41 GMT by Toshiru
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I don't mean to completely ignore your work, but I really thought that this was going to be something you built in Minecraft, so I got really excited. Because it'd be cool if people posted stuff like that.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
I don't mean to completely ignore your work, but I really thought that this was going to be something you built in Minecraft, so I got really excited. Because it'd be cool if people posted stuff like that.

Heh. I did too. :P Thought maybe it was a Minecraft skin at first.

Anyways, Tosh(iru):
I like it. A few questions and comments though:
1) What's with the bar on the 2nd and 3rd boards, but not the 1st? The bar towards the right side of the main cell.
2) The lightened boarder on the on icon is VERY hard to notice. Instead, maybe use a diamond block to indicate new posts? :)
3) Nav tree arrow is hard to notice. Personally, I'd try a different color or lighten the background.
4) What's the collapsed category icon look like? You only demoed the open one. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I'd also suggest getting rid of the redundancy in the title. You have a banner image with the name of your forum, and then the name of your forum next to it. It's cluttered and unnecessary. I'd stick with just the Minecraft block logo and keep the actual text next to it, but you can go with no text at all and leave the image as-is with the warped text. Your call.

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
New update: i5.minus.com/iXEMf8c1jK1Bo.png

:

1) That bar was a minor mistake that I forgot to take out. Fixed it now.
2) I don't even play Minecraft so I had to google what a diamond block was, haha. I instead used a stone block for the off icon. Tell me what you think.
3) I made the arrows on the nav tree a tad bit darker. I might jsut revamp the whole thing later on though.
4) I showed the collapsed icon now and I also redid the whole thing to something a lot simpler.

:

Haha, yea I don't even play Minecraft but some of the artistic game is really rad. And yeah, I fixed the logo. :)
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Sneaky you are...drawing all us gamers in with your title :P
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Looks better. Just noticed that you have two different gradients. :P

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
I'm going to rate the theme as a whole.

Everything about this design is nice. The colors mix well together, the images add a great overall trendy vibe. It lives up the Minecraft image.
Aside from the Invision Board layout which I'm not a fan of, you managed to make it look good. I hope this becomes a ProBoards port.

:: rate 5 ::

newBookmarkLockedFalling