Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Official Member

April 2012
I'm going to have to jump on the "bandwagon" also and go with California. Though, to be fair, I haven't been to every single state to make an accurate comparison.

I can definitely say not Oklahoma or Texas though, both of which I have lived. I grew up in OK and I have family there, but there's just nothing else there to attract me anymore, it's flat and boring.

But I love it here in NorCal, where I have the flexibility to visit the beach AND play in the snow all in the same day, if I wanted. :P I love the beauty of snow and the shore. Plus, I'm in love with San Francisco :D If I could afford to live there, I totally would. Though I'd get rid of my car because I can't stand driving over there.

Vera

Vera Avatar

Official Member

February 2013

LOL. I love driving downtown in San Francisco. Just sayin'. :D

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar

Official Member

April 2012
Vera Avatar

Ew, haha, no thanks. I'll stick with public transit or walking. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Vera Avatar

You're crazy.

Vera

Vera Avatar

Official Member

February 2013

HAHA! I don't do it often. Parking is hella expensive.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Vera Avatar

HAHA! I don't do it often. Parking is hella expensive.

Not even for that reason. :P I drove through SF when my father and sister visited this summer (I was down in Mountain View)... we spent 15 minutes trying to turn left at a light. The line was only 10 cars... It just took that long to be able to even turn left.

Vera

Vera Avatar

Official Member

February 2013

LOL! I know what you mean, but I hate public transportation. xP

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Vera Avatar

Buses suck. Subways/trains aren't bad though. Usually on time and reliable, at least here in Boston.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Buses aren't terrible, but I do enjoy trains a lot more. I used to take a train from time to time from Great Lakes to Chicago and I loved that.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Buses aren't terrible, but I do enjoy trains a lot more. I used to take a train from time to time from Great Lakes to Chicago and I loved that.

How long did it take?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Aaron Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

How long did it take?

Roughly an hour.

And I did take a bus from Everett to Seattle one time. Which was less than horrible (though I've had shittier bus experiences).

And seeing as this thread is now about public transportation, ferries are by far the best.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Aaron Avatar

How long did it take?

Roughly an hour.

And I did take a bus from Everett to Seattle one time. Which was less than horrible (though I've had shittier bus experiences).

And seeing as this thread is now about public transportation, ferries are by far the best.

You're biased, shipman.

Vera

Vera Avatar

Official Member

February 2013
Chris Avatar
Vera Avatar

Buses suck. Subways/trains aren't bad though. Usually on time and reliable, at least here in Boston.

Buses are crap here. In my opinion. Rarely on time and if a bus driver calls out sick, they just go without that bus for the day. Ew. I take Bart sometimes, but it's more expensive.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Aaron Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Roughly an hour.

You're biased, shipman.

Not at all. In fact, if anything, I AM biased against it considering how much time I've spent on the sea lately. I'm absolutely sick of the ocean. However, I've taken multiple buses, planes, trains, and ferries in different states and even different countries. Ferries are by far the best. They have the most amenities (like vending machines, maps and magazines, etc., and sometimes even actual concession stands), they're spacious, they're quiet (the actual vehicle; people on board is another story), and they tend to have comfortable seats with tables and plenty of leg room. Trains are a nice second, but they're louder, more jarring (with starts and stops), and if it's more like a subway or the crowded rail I used in Singapore, it's fairly uncomfortable.

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar

Official Member

April 2012
I'm going to have to agree with Lucifer, I love riding the ferry! They do have lots of leg room, not to mention a beautiful view. I hate trains because of how choppy the ride usually is. But I had a sort of traumatic experience when I was a kid on a train, so that's probably why.

Only thing I didn't like about the ferry was trying to take photos while leaning over the side of the railing... it was way too windy. :P Almost lost my camera too.

newBookmarkLockedFalling