Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, the east coast is getting hit by a legendary blizzard (for these parts; Luci can rant on Minnesota later.)

We got help shoveling the driveway - My friend Mark ran out through the snow (the drifts were up to his waist, and he's 6'5") to try and bribe the driver with $20 to plow our driveway. Thankfully, he was an awesome dude and just did it for free.

Someone did a naked lap the night before...

Second floor balcony

My balcony door. We couldn't open the door wide enough to easily get out, and we need to shovel the balcony so it doesn't flood the fourth floor.... so, the freshmen jumped from the roof. You can faintly see their outline still. And then they got attacked from other freshmen shoveling the roof.

Please note the chair covered.

9am Friday vs 9am Saturday

My best friend tried to make Dugtrio...

So, yeah, anyone else having fun? :P

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Wait so this isn't about the fish?

*leaves*
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
Wait so this isn't about the fish?

*leaves*

Nope, it isn't. :P

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
My sister is at URI, and she's covered too. I love big blizzards though. Good Minnesotan days.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
My sister is at URI, and she's covered too. I love big blizzards though. Good Minnesotan days.

Yeah, from what I can tell, most of the upper east coast got hit hard. :P It's pretty entertaining.

For a while driving in Massachusetts was banned by order of the Governor. (I've heard something about Highways only being banned, so I'm not sure entirely on that.)

Chip

Chip Avatar

ProNation

October 2007
Jesus! I'm quite jealous, I'm in Oregon and we never get anything even remotely close to that. We on occasion get a few inches. I need to go hang out over there xD

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I'm honored that you mentioned me bitching about this. <3

Like I said on Facebook, this is pretty ridiculous for the East Coast, don't get me wrong. I know how places that aren't used to snow (or lots of it) react when they get it, so I understand. But it blows my mind that this is, as of yesterday, national news coverage still. It's JUST snow.

3:

3: Avatar
...xD

Dedicated Member

June 2006
Wow, that is quite a bit of snow. Around here, it was about the same as last year, and the year before that.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Lucifer Avatar
But it blows my mind that this is, as of yesterday, national news coverage still. It's JUST snow.

This.

And Chris, sounds like parts of Minnesota. Back where I lived, when the snow made driving conditions bad, they closed off state highways with arms like you would see at railroad crossings. It made for some interesting workarounds, that is for sure.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
And as someone pointed out to Luci on Facebook, that's normal for Minnesota. That's NOT normal for the entire northeast. They don't have the plows or otherwise to deal with it. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
And as someone pointed out to Luci on Facebook, that's normal for Minnesota. That's NOT normal for the entire northeast. They don't have the plows or otherwise to deal with it. :P

Again, I get that. What I don't get is why it has NATIONAL NEWS COVERAGE. Of all the things going on in the world, good and bad, CNN has 24 hour coverage of all the extra snow in a place that doesn't normally see that much.

The midwest sees this kind of weather all the time. Now, that's not to say that those dealing with this storm need to stop blowing it out of proportion because for their part of the country, it is a big deal. For them. No one else. Just them. It's not like a hurricane where we're seeing the most devastating hurricane ever recorded, because we've seen 10 times worse blizzards than this before. This just isn't fucking significant to anyone outside of the people directly caught in the blizzard. Why is it on CNN for more than 15 minutes?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

Again, I get that. What I don't get is why it has NATIONAL NEWS COVERAGE. Of all the things going on in the world, good and bad, CNN has 24 hour coverage of all the extra snow in a place that doesn't normally see that much.

The midwest sees this kind of weather all the time. Now, that's not to say that those dealing with this storm need to stop blowing it out of proportion because for their part of the country, it is a big deal. For them. No one else. Just them. It's not like a hurricane where we're seeing the most devastating hurricane ever recorded, because we've seen 10 times worse blizzards than this before. This just isn't fucking significant to anyone outside of the people directly caught in the blizzard. Why is it on CNN for more than 15 minutes?

Sadly, the midwest is not a large percentage of the population... there's tons of TV sets on the east coast being hammered by this blizzard, so lots of people are watching coverage because they're in it (because the east coast is a hub of people.)

Agreed, they're over doing it, but still.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Canada.

That is all.
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Sadly, the midwest is not a large percentage of the population... there's tons of TV sets on the east coast being hammered by this blizzard, so lots of people are watching coverage because they're in it (because the east coast is a hub of people.)

You bring up a valid point.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

You bring up a valid point.

Money runs the world. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling