Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

combo

combo Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
pawl Avatar
a_leon hangs around PBS these days.
If Ash is the same Ash I'm thinking of (English guy, rugby player, used to be a rather good designer) then he too occasionally pops onto PBS from time to time. He posted in the SSD thread in GT the other day.

Ah you should let Jim know about that I'm sure he'd be interested in talking to him.. he and A._Leon are close...

Last Edit: Mar 12, 2013 16:51:00 GMT by combo
"I'd decapitate him, then shit down his neck"

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
pawl Avatar
If Ash is the same Ash I'm thinking of (English guy, rugby player, used to be a rather good designer) then he too occasionally pops onto PBS from time to time. He posted in the SSD thread in GT the other day.

That'd be the same Ash.

combo Avatar
pawl Avatar

Ah you should let Jim know about that I'm sure he'd be interested in talking to him.. he and A._Leon are close...

I love you guys.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
combo Avatar
pawl Avatar

Doubt it. A._Leon was an asshole if I remember him right. I can't imagine him being "close" with anyone over the internet.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
combo Avatar

Doubt it. A._Leon was an asshole if I remember him right. I can't imagine him being "close" with anyone over the internet.

Is that what the 'A' stood for?

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Aaron Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Pretty sure it was "awesome". Yes, he's that conceited.

Last Edit: Mar 13, 2013 21:57:30 GMT by Jim

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Jim Avatar
Aaron Avatar

Pretty sure it was "awesome". Yes, he's that conceited.

I always thought it was one of those hyphenated words, like "A-dick-bag" or something.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
How many members did SSD have before its death? Why did it die in the first place?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
.... I really want to point out the obvious in this thread. REALLLY REALLLLY want to.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Chris Avatar
.... I really want to point out the obvious in this thread. REALLLY REALLLLY want to.

If you're saying it's making a comeback, you're lying.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Aaron Avatar
How many members did SSD have before its death? Why did it die in the first place?

I wanna say about 10,000-ish. Probably more by the time it died. But the reason it died is likely the same reason most ProBoards (at least in the design community) died: lack of interest. There was a very specific community that eventually moved on with their lives. While we all did the same, there is still that core of people here at SZ that want to see it live. Me, you, Chris, Ben, Scorpian, Fredy, etc. Though many aren't here now, many of them were around when I wasn't and have been able to keep this place alive, if only barely. Most communities didn't have that I don't think. I'm friends with almost all of those "core" members on Facebook. It was a more legitimate connection that kept this place alive. At least that's the way I see it.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aaron Avatar
Chris Avatar

If you're saying it's making a comeback, you're lying.

Oh, no, not that. :P Not at all.

combo

combo Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
Chris Avatar

Don't be a party pooper
"I'd decapitate him, then shit down his neck"

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
So much cryptic talk! What's going on?!

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Official Member

April 2012
No idea.

-watches and waits-

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Chris hasn't actually been working on SZ for v5 - he's been creating an all new SSD the whole time.

SSZ

newBookmarkLockedFalling