Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
How is your eyesight? Do you wear glasses on occasion for reading/distances? Are you an eagle-eye? Or are you blind as fuck?

I wore glasses from 4th grade to the end of high school. Finally got contacts before college - what a life changer. I'm running on -2.75/-3.25 at the moment, so it's not too bad.

How about you?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
You remind me of superman. Like, you wear glasses and you look super smart and shit. But when you take them off, it's like an insta-boner.

I've got 20/20. I used to be happy with that until I found out that such a thing as 20/10 exists. Yes, there are people who have magnified vision (or more likely that what we consider "perfect" is actually not, but still).

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
20/20 is still damn good. Millions of people jelly everywhere.

You're saving a couple hundred bucks a year not having to buy corrective lenses. And you're saving all that time not having to put them on.

Last Edit: Mar 11, 2013 17:45:54 GMT by Aaron

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I might as well be blind. Near-sighted in one eye, far-sighted in the other. :P

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Chris Avatar

Do you wear contacts? I have never seen you wearing glasses.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Chris Avatar

Just close one eye when you want to see far, and the other when you need to see near. Easy! /helpful

I wear glasses, but I can do without them, I'm around -1.5 in both eyes. I used to only put them on when I needed to read the blackboard at school etc, but I got sick of seeing the world in SD. Putting on glasses is like upgrading to 1080p HD.

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Official Member

April 2012
I don't even know how good my eyesight is, but I probably need glasses. I get headaches very easily and often, which is a good sign that I need them. Both my parents had glasses by the time they were... 22, I think? And I'm already almost 8 years past that, so yeah...

But I don't want glasses at all. And I can't deal with contacts because I can't stand having to touch my eyes like that... I can't even watch my mom put hers in or take them out. :-X

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
⸗April⸗ Avatar
I don't even know how good my eyesight is, but I probably need glasses. I get headaches very easily and often, which is a good sign that I need them. Both my parents had glasses by the time they were... 22, I think? And I'm already almost 8 years past that, so yeah...

But I don't want glasses at all. And I can't deal with contacts because I can't stand having to touch my eyes like that... I can't even watch my mom put hers in or take them out. :-X

That's not necessarily true. I've never had less than 20/20 on any vision test (my last was a few years ago to get into the Navy), but I've had constant unexplained headaches since I was about 13-14. I used to just blame it on allergies (which definitely makes them worse), but I still get them frequently year round. I dunno why, but it's not my vision.

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Official Member

April 2012
Lucifer Avatar
⸗April⸗ Avatar

That's not necessarily true. I've never had less than 20/20 on any vision test (my last was a few years ago to get into the Navy), but I've had constant unexplained headaches since I was about 13-14. I used to just blame it on allergies (which definitely makes them worse), but I still get them frequently year round. I dunno why, but it's not my vision.

Oh? I was always told it was because I needed glasses. -shrugs-

pawl

pawl Avatar

February 2013
Left is -3.00, right is -3.75

Contact lenses are a fucking god-send.

we're talking about a revolution of sounds.
            like a whisper.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
⸗April⸗ Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Oh? I was always told it was because I needed glasses. -shrugs-

You might. I'm just saying that I wouldn't assume that. Frequent headaches can be the result of many things, poor vision being only one of them.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aaron Avatar
Chris Avatar

Nope. Need glasses or contacts. :P Waiting until I have money.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Chris Avatar
Aaron Avatar

Nope. Need glasses or contacts. :P Waiting until I have money.

That is not too far from now!

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Wow...i really am blind :P

-5.00 right eye -5.25 left eye.....
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
Wow...i really am blind :P

-5.00 right eye -5.25 left eye.....

At what point can you qualify for legal blindness?

newBookmarkLockedFalling