Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I have never skied or snowboarded in my life. Decided to finally take a shot at it. In the world's only indoor ski resort (pretty sure). In a desert.

I only did a few runs, but man was it a blast, even considering the minor frostbite on my hand (long story, but they don't give you gloves with your equipment and I had to find some after that). By the third run, I felt like I knew what I was doing. I was no pro, but I could pretty much make it down without falling, and I had become quite proficient at controlling my falls. All in all, it was a TON of fun and I absolutely cannot wait to get back to Washington so I can do it some more.

After our first run, one of the employees told us we had to go take lessons. So we wandered over to the lessons area (which was full of kids) and the instructor says, "No, you're not supposed to be here," to which I replied, "Oh no, we suck at snowboarding. We were told to come here." We found out we had to go sign up inside. The lady there said that the next lessons wasn't for a couple hours and asked if that worked. I said, "No, not really. Can we just go back out and keep hurting ourselves until we figure it out?" She says, "...sure, if you want." So we did. It's easy to learn if you have a decent pain tolerance and somewhat good balance (I don't and I figured it out).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ski_Dubai

Edit: Apparently it's NOT the world's only, or even the biggest. But it's in the fucking desert and that's cool.

Last Edit: Mar 14, 2013 19:30:41 GMT by Lucifer

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
I've never gone skiing or snowboarding, we must venture to the mountains together, friend.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Let's do it.

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Official Member

April 2012
I loooove skiing! Never been snowboarding though, I would probably suck at that too.

Nobody likes skiing here though, so I'd probably be on my own if I ever wanted to go.

I've never even heard of an indoor ski resort, not even sure how I feel about that. It seems like it'd be a little awkward to be stuck indoors like that... I'd miss seeing all the trees and the scenery, especially when on the ski lift.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
I hear skiing is harder than snowboarding.

newBookmarkLockedFalling