Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
www.imdb.com/title/tt1483013
(can't be bothered to go to youtube to grab a trailer, sorry :P)

A veteran assigned to extract Earth's remaining resources begins to question what he knows about his mission and himself.

Starring Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman.
I for one never used to be a fan of Cruise. Never had anything against Freeman. Yet lately, the past year or 2, i have actually warmed to Tom quite a lot. He's done some great movies and I seem to enjoy his movies more now than I used to.

I want to see this movie for sure, however, it's been advertised (and still is doing) a lot on a daily basis. This here in the UK, from my experience is never a good thing. When it's advertised as much as this is being, it usually is because it's rubbish. :(

I really hope not though. The movie doesn't look too amazing and new etc from what I have read and seen, but it's one of those that you just have to want to watch :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I love both Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman. Naturally, I'm pretty excited for this.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Not only Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman, but the soundtrack was worked on by M83. Instant must-watch for me.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Simie Avatar
Not only Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman, but the soundtrack was worked on by M83. Instant must-watch for me.

Who is M83?

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Simie Avatar

Who is M83?

Hahah that was my thought too. So yeah, who is that Sim?

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Well, I do love Top Gear.

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Official Member

April 2012
They do an awesome song called Midnight City. ;)

I can't say I'm too excited for this movie, but I will probably be seeing it this Friday night, seeing as after the preview came on TV last night, my boyfriend said we're going to the movies Friday night.

It did look interesting though, and I do like Tom Cruise, always have. And of course Morgan Freeman also. I usually like everything he's in.

Last Edit: Apr 17, 2013 13:54:07 GMT by ⸗April⸗

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Well I saw this the other day. Decent enough story line but definitely far from anything special. Nothing really surprised me except for one thing. There's only really 2 spoilers. One of which was VERY obvious, the other also obvious yet not necessarily something you will see.

Overall, a good watch, but not worth wasting your money on.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Having watched this finally, I still have no idea what the fuck you're talking about in your post, Stinky. :P I mean, I can maybe think of 2 things that were like plot twists if that's what you mean by spoilers, but that's all I can decipher from your post. :P

Overall, I liked it. Parts of it weren't anything original at all, but other parts of it were very creative. Tom Cruise is an amazing lead as always, Morgan Freeman has a small (but major) role and does a wonderful job, and I thought the plot was amazing. It's pretty simple and linear early on (with a few badass action scenes), but by the time all the twists straighten out, I thought it was ultimately a very creative explanation behind the plot.

Worth seeing, especially since it's semi-original scifi, but unless you're an avid movie goer or have nothing better to see, I might wait for it on DVD. You won't regret the ticket price, but it's not a must-see.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Having watched this finally, I still have no idea what the fuck you're talking about in your post, Stinky. :P I mean, I can maybe think of 2 things that were like plot twists if that's what you mean by spoilers, but that's all I can decipher from your post. :P

Exactly it :P

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
I saw this on Sunday and thought it was pretty damn good. Sci-Fi films are usually the most absorbing for me. Probably because I want to believe.

newBookmarkLockedFalling