Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, when we launched, we launched without a few features.  I'm here to announce that some of those are back and that I'm continuing to work on some more.

Top Points Earners and Top Achievements Earners are now pages.  There's a link to them in everyone's profile.  I'm not sure if I'll incorporate links elsewhere, at least for now.

Many achievements are back to being "auto-awarded," in the same sense as before.  This means it's limited to what my GreaseMonkey script detects when I view a page, but it's definitely good progress towards getting you guys achievements without needing to nag. :)

The achievement notifier is back online.  Likely some of you will see this soon, as we actually gave out a bunch of achievements recently.

Lastly, we rolled out a new board layout today.  I've archived all of the old PBv4 coding content.  (Archiving graphics content is harder.)  PBv4 forums will be force upgraded soon (likely within the week), so it's just time to move on.  I've moved the v5 resource boards into the Coding category to replace the v4 content.  If you guys have any feedback on the new board structure, let me know!

Anyways, for the rest of it, here's what I'm working on:
1) Updating all SZ stickies to be accurate
2) Fixing bugs as they crop up (we're getting a backlog now)
3) Two unannounced SZv1 features (one old, one new)
4) Filing bugs and scaring PB admins
5) Working on new SZ content (achievement packs ;), plugins, etc.)

You'll notice that I'm not actively working on converting the other skins.  That's only temporary, but it isn't my highest priority.  It's better to learn more about PBv5 by perfecting v1.  After that we can jump into converting the remaining skins.

If you guys have any questions or comments, please let me know. :)

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Chris Avatar

You'll notice that I'm not actively working on converting the other skins.  That's only temporary, but it isn't my highest priority.  It's better to learn more about PBv5 by perfecting v1.  After that we can jump into converting the remaining skins.

Couldn't agree more. No point rushing to get multiple themes done, to have errors on them all, and it be harder to fix stuff. I really like how this theme looks A LOT like V4 still. I mean, when I cam back today I was like "what the.. I could've sworn they converted to V5", then I had to look at the Nav Tree to see if it was V5 or not lol :P

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005

Not going to lie, this is probably my favorite. :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
Chris Avatar

Couldn't agree more. No point rushing to get multiple themes done, to have errors on them all, and it be harder to fix stuff. I really like how this theme looks A LOT like V4 still. I mean, when I cam back today I was like "what the.. I could've sworn they converted to V5", then I had to look at the Nav Tree to see if it was V5 or not lol :P

Exactly. :) and I tried very hard to make this mimic v4 effectively.  And this caused some of the bugs... v5 isn't supposed to be v4 (obviously), so we had to work hard.  The good news is a lot of the other skins share similarities.  i.e. the posting page will probably be universal.

Kay Avatar
Not going to lie, this is probably my favorite. :)
Pat shot down a few of them, so I'm down to 55 of 70.  But it's ok.  I've got at least 2 more to file already. :)

But yeah, by far my favorite, if only for David's response.

newBookmarkLockedFalling