Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

aevion

aevion Avatar

October 2005
Great! Can't wait! If you still need any testers I think I could help out. ^_^

[Random] ,{Jester}

[Random] ,{Jester} Avatar
I LIVE

Official Member

October 2005
Will this be in character? or would you have to create a character through your profile? because if it's the second one, what about quests? and a admin-editable quest list? I have tons of quest ideas if you need them you can use them. I noticed you had classes, what about doing a class tree? That the more you do quests you could earn quest points, and with those points they would act like EXP instead of posting based EXP. You could earn quest points by complete-ing quests, but the quests would be (more-or-less) time based, or interaction via PM (I.E. it would PM you will a question or you would have to do a detailed roleplaying and then the admin would tell you how far you are in the quest.)

As you probaly can tell from that first paragraph I'm a roleplayer XD, also I have a sugestion for the basic class tree, although I have no clue how to code I'm still learning visual basic and c++. (although those will be no help to you XD) here is my idea for the class-tree (*note this is the same class tree I use in real life for my roleplaying so to a degree it's mine, but you have my premission to use it.)

Base Classes
--------------------

Warrior: The warrior is basicly a tank, they are trained in the art of killing...and they are very good at it. They wield axes, maces, swords, and other weapons of war.

Archer: Thew archer is a ranged combatant, trained in the art of the bow. They are one of the most versitle classes in this game. There are my personal favorite.

Kisn: The Kisn or basicly mages or healers, but don't require dark powers, they use the elements of the world around them, like herbs to heal, or powders to cause fire, I guess the best way to put it, would be they are herbalists..but with javliens and spears XD

Advance Classes
----------------
/- tactician - Knight - Crusader*
/- Squire - Knight - Counsiler - Grand Knight*
Warrior- Scout - Lancer - Caveleir - Knight of Order*
\- Fighter - Combatant/Barbarian - Mercinary
\- Forge Worker - Blacksmith
\- Bandit - Raider - Knight of Chaos*

Crusader: The crusader can learn herbal skills, that allow them to create healing items if they have the ingerdients, also they are trained in unit tactics, so they are suitable for party leaders.

Grand Knight: The grand knight, usaly gets a large anouncement wen they come ot a villiage, this can be both a bad and good thing, it is harder for them to travel un noticed, but wen another person travels with them, merchants are cheaper selling there goods ;)

Knight of Order & Chaos: these knights are the only class that can change realms, there are two realms they can travel to. The realm of order, and the realm of chaos, it allows them to travel great distances, in a short time. There usaly thought of (*atleast the knights of chaos) in the same thought as death, because there imortal war never allows them to stop fighting each other. (*in other words, a chaos knight and a order knight can't travel together, and yes they can bring others with them to these realms)

/- Scout - Ranger* - Dragoon*
Acher - Guard - Crossbowman - Sniper*
\- Longbowman - Privater
\- Hunter *

Ranger: the ranger is a very versitile class, from being able to create herbal items, to fighting with short sword and long bow, they usaly don't reicive any notice wen they enter a town or a village, they are mainly used as longrange scouts, with a high rate of gathering information.

Dragoon: the dragoon is the only mounted archer in this roleplaying game, they are equpied with plate mail, and chain link undercoats, they are highly skill archers, as well as fighters, they can use a verying amount of weapons, from a lance to a long bow (*note they can only use a long bow wen not mounted, they normaly use a short bow)

Sniper: the sniper can survive for days with out food, and are trained to barely blink, they can hit targets at extreme ranges, although they have very poor close-quater fighting skills. They can also use a small dirk, but not very well, to them they are more at home with a bow than there own mothers. (*laughs alittle*)

/- sage*
Kisen - defensive chemist
\ offensive chemist

Sage: the sage has the most powerfull technical knowledge, from seige craft to tactical knowledge, they are trained to counsil kings and generals.

Sorry about the length of the post ^_^;;; and sorry that the class tree got squeezed T_T I also cut a few classes for the archer and kisn.
Projects
==========
Titan Sword [RPGMXP]

Graphics; ====
Ruby Script; =====
Music; =====
Story; =====

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Heh. :P

That's a few good ideas. If I did add a quest part, it'd only be battle wise, reaching levels, gettings items, etc. Otherwise, I'm not sure its possible.

As for class trees. That'd be hard to code. Very hard. I may try for v1, but probably not. Maybe v2 though.

[Random] ,{Jester}

[Random] ,{Jester} Avatar
I LIVE

Official Member

October 2005
lol, I didn't expect any of it to be used.
Projects
==========
Titan Sword [RPGMXP]

Graphics; ====
Ruby Script; =====
Music; =====
Story; =====

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
cddude229 said:
Heh. :P

That's a few good ideas. If I did add a quest part, it'd only be battle wise, reaching levels, gettings items, etc. Otherwise, I'm not sure its possible.

As for class trees. That'd be hard to code. Very hard. I may try for v1, but probably not. Maybe v2 though.

What? Too hard? sky.strife did it in RPG Meteor, and that was a n00b code compared to what this is gonna be.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Every coder has specialties. Plus, how he did it is nowhere similar to how this will be done. ITs one of those, wait and see things.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Ah, ok. And I know every coder has their specialties, but after editting that code about 10000 times, I saw it alot. And, to me it didn't look hard. But maybe it was, whatever. Anyway, if you're not making trees, atleast make like 20 classes and different races and such.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
One of the features is adding different classes, weapons, races, etc. and deleting upon your will... I thought I listed that. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Oh, maybe you did. It's been awhile since I read that first post and all. :-[

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I looked back at the first post, and yeah, I did list that. :P I didn't, however, list the waepon part.

Devin

Devin Avatar

October 2005
Why Has The Project Been Postponed?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
He's busy making another code for a battle with Moose. Once that's over, I'm sure he'll start working on this again.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah. Among this, SZv2, another website, and my own. :P But hey, I've always done that.

Jamie

Jamie Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
I have a suggestion...

It's a job stuff. And page so you could join a job and than like in one day you get some sort of payment.

Like:

Knight $300
Theif $150

And things like that.
Blah blah....

Currently listening: The Fray.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It wouldn't be possible to do an auto payment for each day, but they could go in once a day, and automatically get it.

The reason it can't be auto-payment is, the script has to be visited to activate.

newBookmarkLockedFalling