Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Sky

Sky Avatar

June 2006
I poke it with a stick. >_>

Nah, I generally use the JS console in FireFox as well as the <xmp> trick mentioned above. Although I generally use <textarea> instead of <xmp> because for whatever reason things start disappearing after I scroll sideways for so long. I also use alerts to make sure variables are being set and such like others have said.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Ah yes, the stick method. <_< I used that once. Then I had to buy a new monitor.

But on a more serious note, I've never heard of people using textarea for it. o.O

Last Edit: Jul 24, 2006 19:53:49 GMT by Chris

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
I use N++, so all the little things like putting a " instead of a ' are cleared up, then the FireFox JS thingy, then i put in document.write(variable) a bunch of times, just cause pop ups annoy me :P

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'm not a bit fan of Notepad++. Its nice, but useless. IT doesn't help you become a better coder if you can't spot your own mistakes.

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
I can spot my own mistakes ::) Its just makes it easier by putting it in red, bold letters :P :D

Last Edit: Jul 27, 2006 5:03:01 GMT by Mithras

lucifer said:

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, but when you go to help someone else with their code, will you be able to spot their mistakes? I guess you could always copy it into Notepad++, but what if you're a technician and get sent to help people? You're esentially screwed.

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
<_< Ok, maybe your right. ::)

Last Edit: Jul 27, 2006 16:27:08 GMT by Mithras

lucifer said:

newBookmarkLockedFalling