Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, why did you? Boredom? Wanted to make "PB Hacks"? What drove you to learn how to program/code?

Personally, boredom. Or well, for HTML and CSS at least. I was bored and had a nice three hour drive ahead of me. Had to do something. :P So I read some books on the two, and when I got to where I was going, I just messed around on a computer with them. Kinda fun. I was like 11 then. I didn't do much with either til 3 years later at Hatake Forum when I wanted to learn JavaScript. :P Fun, fun. I learned JS mainly because I actually wanted to make PB codes, which is kind of pathetic, I admit. But I've long since improved past that point and am using JS for stuff other then PB.

So, why'd you guys learn?

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
I learned HTML just because I thought it was cool :P I then learned CSS because its pretty much a requirement for a good website. But as for JavaScript, I learned that just because I wanted to put a slideshow on a website. Then after I got done with that, I just kept going. I'm learning OOP languages now just because I want to go into a computer field.

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

razor

razor Avatar
Coder To Be

June 2006
well i started with HTML so i could make my own codes for my old piczo so site then i learned CSS witch i dont no that well no more then i when on to C++ and win32 because i wanted to make games and other usefull programs some that i have made i still use and now i have began to learn javascript but im still more of a programmer than scripter
LOOKING FOR A PHP CODER YOU WILL GET PAID

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
To actually have something to do on the computer

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Why did I learn to code? Why not?
wat

Dn107xc

Dn107xc Avatar
Hm.. Yeah!

Dedicated Member

May 2006
Im kinda learning HTML and CSS. Im getting used to it. hehe;

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
dn107xc said:

why did you learn to do that though? :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I actually don't remember why....

One day, i was on neopets(lord help me!), and i was put in charge or part of a website. I didn't know html, so i was kidna screwed. I decided to look at the html, study through it, test some of it, and see if i oculd figure it out. I caught on almost right away.

I actually never read an html tutorial ever. I taught myself everything :P
k

Dn107xc

Dn107xc Avatar
Hm.. Yeah!

Dedicated Member

May 2006
cddude229 said:
dn107xc said:

why did you learn to do that though? :P

Oh.. cuz I wanted to do something on a website. Make it look good. Havent done this yet, but still working on it. \ :)

*Dan!

*Dan! Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
I dont remember why i learned html and css.. i just sorta did :P. As for javascript...lets just say i needed to do somthing to keep me out of bordem in webdesign class....

~dan
G101 Designs

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
dan said:
I dont remember why i learned html and css.. i just sorta did :P. As for javascript...lets just say i needed to do somthing to keep me out of bordem in webdesign class....

~dan

Boredom... the ultimate sin. :-/ :P

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Well I started off being a fan of PB, sadly enough and wanted to not be a total n00b with using wonderful codes others created. So to get around this, I simply said I gotta learn how to make my own codes. Well sadly, you can't do write any good for PB without knowing JavaScript. And knowing JavaScript is about as handy as playing in traffic if you don't know HTML. So I started learning HTML and then thought I had the basics of that and then learned JavaScript. I noticed there was stuff like class="windowbg" and realized this was CSS which I later learned. I then started touch on PHP and got tired of it. I later started up on PHP and learned flat file and mySQL looked like Greek to me. So then I learned mySQL and now think I can effectively do some stuff in it so yay! :)
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Back when I was active in the GameTalk community a newcomer came to one of the N64 forums. After a while we became buds and he suggested we learn HTML and build websites (and for the next 12 or so months we did just that). After which he went on to compose music and I continued to pursue my programming career. It was at this point I became active on proboards and began designing signatures, affiiates, and banners. After a few months of that I became fascinated with the complicated scripting hoo-doo in the code databases on Zanmato. Picking up on a tutorial from webmonkey I began studying JavaScript. It wasn't until maybe 8 months later than I got into CSS. :P

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I got bored I suppose :P Just sitting around, then went on w3schools. I accually skipped html and css and just did javascript. Didn't turn out to bad, I suppose :-/

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
simie said:
I got bored I suppose :P Just sitting around, then went on w3schools. I accually skipped html and css and just did javascript. Didn't turn out to bad, I suppose :-/

I hope you went back and learned them at least... :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling