Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Why hello! Some of you may know/remember me; some of you probably don't! I am Moose and am very inactive now. :P

Anyway, on to my point! How hard is it for you all to finish your projects? Whether it be you get too bored of writing the code you are working on or just hit "coder's block." Personally, I usually get bored of what I write, mostly forum coding, and need to start a script for whatever reason. How many projects do you have left unfinished? I see Chris is on his third attempt for bringing back Clear Sight. :P I know he is skilled enough to complete the project but just really bored of it several times. Trust me for large projects, it's all about patience. :P I used to be very patient and could get large projects done in a week but then I got tired of them after that portal that got finished.

Also, I have a bunch of old codes laying around. I am contemplating open sourcing after I clean them up. Would anyone be interested on referencing them or completing them?

Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I could finish 'em for you Moose. :P

Anyways, I get that stuff all the time. But I've been developing Clear Sight in such a way that'll keep me interested. I've made it a challenge. I've also ordered Fredy to annoy the crap out of me daily in order to work on it. It's working so far. :P

Yeah. I get coder's block all the time. Notice the no recent, new codes from me? Exactly. I just can't think of anything to add really.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
I'm happy to finish some off! :D

I'm working on a couple of new codes too... just can't be bothered at the moment to finish them! :P

Samus

Samus Avatar
Wheee

Official Member

January 2007
Meh, I always start something, then delete it all like half way though because it's stupid or something. :P
Extreme Data

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I start things, get bored, and have to keep working on them because I promised to finish them.

So many more things I'd rather do than finish it :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
simie said:
I start things, get bored, and have to keep working on them because I promised to finish them.

So many more things I'd rather do than finish it :P

Yeah, that's me on a good day. :P Half the time I don't care either way.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Seems a bit of a waste, doesn't it? :P You take time to learn how to code, only to not want too :P

Last Edit: Dec 30, 2007 22:56:36 GMT by Simie

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
simie said:
Seems a bit of a waste, doesn't it? :P You take time to learn how to code, only to not want too :P

I code for fun, not just for doing it. If I don't find creating/coding something enjoyable, is there a point to doing it then?

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
cddude229 said:
simie said:

I code for fun, not just for doing it. If I don't find creating/coding something enjoyable, is there a point to doing it then?

I suppose you're right :P

I find that leaving a project for more than a few days, is a really bad idea. You forget (well, I do) where you were, and have to take time to get back into it again.

(¯`•DregondRahl•._)

(¯`•DregondRahl•._) Avatar
Remanifesting-Eternal

Dedicated Member

September 2006
I get coders block all the time >.> For me i think of mostly layout codes and that usually requires some GFX to make it sexi. The lack of slippy being around has made me think up lots of things, but never really do any XD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I'm pretty good with picking up where I left off. :P I've had a lot of practice.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I have the worst memory possible, so I can't remember where I left off :P

Heres how bad my memory is: I was watching a movie with some friends, after that we watched another. 1/2 way through the second movie, I couldn't remember the movie we had just watched.

]:

Samus

Samus Avatar
Wheee

Official Member

January 2007
Perhaps you're just part goldfish. :-/
Extreme Data

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Simie: you couldn't remember the plot or the title?

But yeah, I have memory issues, but coding is one thing I don't forget. I can just check what is broken and know that's where I left off. :D I also sometimes create a file saying "stopped here ____" or I'll just go through my code files and look at my TODO lists at the top of every page to know what to finish.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
cddude229 said:
Simie: you couldn't remember the plot or the title?

I literally couldn't remember anything about the last 2 hours. No title, no plot, nothing :(

newBookmarkLockedFalling