Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, what do you guys think makes a creative/cool name?

Is it random symbols decorating it, like going from CD to [ CD ]? Is it the subliminal meaning or hidden messages like how the C in CD is Chris?

What makes you find a display name cool or creative?

deadlyassassin
Alt codes are the best, casing point, my nick. Just makes you stand out more :)

4renSick.

4renSick. Avatar

Dedicated Member

December 2005
I think creativity and randomness is the key.

The two main user names i use are 4renSick and //elite.bean. 4renSick is pretty creative... as it sounds a word without spelling it correctly, and //elite.bean, was the most random thing i could come up with when i wanted a rejoin a board anonymously.

~4renSick.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Powerful names. I like names like Excalibur, Lucifer, and Zanmato. Also, hard consanants like Z and X are also good.

Rouno

Rouno Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Personally, I find that numbers after a name or the classic "xX_name_Xx" and such make a display name really common. I see it quite often and it lacks originality.

To me, creative names are the ones that roll of the tongue when said outloud, the ones that have a meaning behind it, or those that arouse humor -- basically, originality. How a name is original is hard to define, but they're easy to spot (if that makes any sense...). heh

nest!

nest! Avatar

March 2006
I really like names. That stand out anywhere. Short yet creative.

Basically anything that's creative and stands out.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aye. Creativity is quite a key, and so is sound.

I found my original name quite creative because of the hidden meanings. (CDDude229) I won't go into them now because you can search for "How'd you get your name" threads and find my reply.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
To me, original, unique and easy to pronouce psuedonyms are my favourites.

Such as my name "Xylish" It rhymes with "stylish" and I dunno, it just sounds cool to me.

But I changed my name to "joe" just so that people can remember me more easier. :P
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
popojoe said:
To me, original, unique and easy to pronouce psuedonyms are my favourites.

Such as my name "Xylish" It rhymes with "stylish" and I dunno, it just sounds cool to me.

But I changed my name to "joe" just so that people can remember me more easier. :P

Only cause you're the PopoJoe. :P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
In my opinion, a name should be original. Well, duh. But there are some things that make it less...awesome. Numbers, for one. Those just make the name bad, unless there's some well-known meaning to it. Useless symbols which make the name hard to read are pretty bad, too. Stuff like Xx_vampireoverlord_xX or whatever is also pretty lame. A username should also be recognizable across more than one forum, so going around registering movie/video game/generic names aren't too great, either.

That's just me.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So that's why you chose ShadowyOne and made your avatar Ganondorf? :P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
cddude229 said:
So that's why you chose ShadowyOne and made your avatar Ganondorf? :P

Yeah.

How many other people have you seen use this username? And as for the avatar, I haven't seen too many Ganondorf avvy's either.

Right...Chris? =P

Looking back, maybe I would've changed my username, but I don't know what to, so it's too late for that.

Last Edit: Apr 19, 2006 21:59:01 GMT by Ess Ohh

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Original, eh?

And I'm Chris now cause I'm going for a more proffesional outcome. :P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
cddude229 said:
Original, eh?

And I'm Chris now cause I'm going for a more proffesional outcome. :P

That's my old, old, old Angelfire account, back when I used it as an image uploader when Angelfire allowed hotlinking (unlike now, though).

Did you search for that? =P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I googled ShadowyOne. :P Didn't think that was your's. Oh well.

newBookmarkLockedFalling