Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Personally i think that it shouldn't be PB or IF, but make it something else.... don't ask what though. i'm bank at 2:45AM :P
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
zelnen said:
cddude229 said:
Too bad its for IF and not PB....

I think it's only fair. Think about it, you do have the better coders on your side and you have more. I think it's only fair we use IF. Plus IF has alot more coding advantages... Ajax :P and iframes

Do something like HyperBoards or something. IF isn't a big deal since, even though half the coders are PB, this is an IF coding tournament. But with HyperBoards (a forum that, as far as I know, Chris is the only one who has coded for), it'd be the same playing field for everyone.

But then again, truly good coders should be able to adapt with very little problem.

Zelnen

Zelnen Avatar
Javascriptin'

Official Member

June 2006
Yeah Lucifer thats true but the tournament is taking place on iFusion. And invisionfree coding based board. So meh i think it should be for IF. Anyway it's a tournament so we may end up doing some rounds IF and some rounds PB, i guess we'll have to wait and see.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
maybe you should have each round a different catagory... like one round being IF, one being PB, then HB, and ect.... and then somewhere you can have a catagory thats non-forum related... so just a general code.
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Heh, if only. :P He's right, it'll end up being IF only most likely.... cause it is on an IF forum dedicated to IF coding...

Zelnen

Zelnen Avatar
Javascriptin'

Official Member

June 2006
cddude229 said:
Heh, if only. :P He's right, it'll end up being IF only most likely.... cause it is on an IF forum dedicated to IF coding...

Yeah it will be.

It should start soon it's just James is moving house at the moment so we'll wait untill he officially gets back to start the tourny.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Chris is you call me a bum again I'll code you into a box.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
eric said:

;D

I'd love to see that happen.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
popojoe said:
eric said:

;D

I'd love to see that happen.

Actually, so would I. :D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
He could do it.... <_< There is a way to design's with JavaScript.

Zelnen

Zelnen Avatar
Javascriptin'

Official Member

June 2006
Coding Tournament Update News

Here are the people who are currently not in a team:

Proboards
JSNate
hpmad
Kahless

Invisionfree
TheInfernoSin
Duveaux
Ryan Fan
Cryptic
elrocco
epsilekt
XXXWWXXX

Here's a list of the current teams:

Team 1
---------
Zelnen
Verminox
Slaytanist
IceMetalPunk

Team 2
----------
Eric/Forte
Ross/Elindil
Crazy_J

Team 3
---------
Chris
Jim
Greg

And finally the task has been announced:

Okay, final rules then:

Type of Code:
- Admin Editable
- User Manageable

that works on Opera 9, FireFox 1.5 and Internet Explorer 6. If you want to include Safari support, that's great, and obviously more useful at the end.

The teams are coming on well, I think the proboards one works out evenly if there are two more teams of 3, and the invisionFree one works out also if ElRocco is added to the list, and Epsilekt wants to work on his own.

Each member of the team will have to show progress in the hack, rather than letting the other members do it all. Codes should be commented wherever possible - and coding style is also a key. No bunching everything on one line to make it smaller - K & R style if possible but as long as it's readable that's great.

Peter and myself will judge the codes through a number of criteria revealed after - and an overall score for the hack smile.gif

I'll post more info on schedules after the rest of the teams have been done smile.gif

newBookmarkLockedFalling