Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Holy crap that's a lot. o.O Its been quite a while, hasn't it? Good old Studio Zero... breaking the huge 20,000 mark... I remember us just starting off... the huge influx.... 5k in two weeks... heh, but enough of my nostalgia. On to the real thing.

First off, since we broke 20k, I'd like to announce something that will be happening to the site soon... no, its not SZv2 (sadly), but its something that isn't too common around design forums. We will be adding a "Generators" section that allows you to generate codes from our database by filling in a simple form and clicking a button. Not all codes will be done because of copyright reasons, but simple ones will be. :)

If you have a suggestion for a generator for a code, please post it here or PM it to myself. Either works. Right now I have a few simple ones planned, but any suggestions for ones to be added would be nice.

Also, I've now lowered posts needed to request custom titles to 150. :o So enjoy that too.

- Team Studio

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
I actually do remember SZ back in the day. It was insanely active at the first maybe 2 months or so. But the activity slowed down. I'm sure V2 will help this community become much more active.

Anyway. 20,000 posts, that is alot. Congrats SZ. :)

Zelnen

Zelnen Avatar
Javascriptin'

Official Member

June 2006
Well congrats SZ, i've only been here a short while but it's a great forum.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Well, this certainly is surprising. I remember making popoweb only to break the 5k mark in 3 years.
Studio Zero breaks the 20K mark within a year of its opening, that's about 4 times more than Popoweb Productions/Web.

Since Chris announced the use of generators. I'd like to do something as well: I'll be looking into the graphical improvements being suggested in our feedback forum and make those head/base images as well as the rollover buttons. It's not much to celebrate this achievement. But I do hope that it will add more to the Studio.

-Joe
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
Nostalgia(N) - A bittersweet longing for persons, things, or situations of the past.

I am delighted someone finally used one of the 250 vocab words I had to memorize for my English exam.

As for being serious, congratulations Studio Zero. Most design sites keel over and die. Sometimes even once active ones that were popular get ruined by angry, evil, power hungry bosses. Not SZ though. It managed to live on through the odds and did quite a fine job. Well done, everyone. :)

Now as for the generators, where will this section for them be? :)
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

dodz

dodz Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
Well done studio Zero! :)

last.fm | Off Topic Forum | Coming Soon: Resist The System

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
One of the reasons it was booming in the first 2 months, as I've already said, is that the activity in the coding boards was amazing. Eventually that died down. That's when I left pretty much.

Anyways, congrats on the 20k's.

Virtuoso

Virtuoso Avatar

May 2006
Wow, That generator thing will really kick it up. You coding it?

Nice work everyone! :D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
We'll see. :P And it'll be a board on the forum, but posting will be disabled. Basically, you'll click a link, it'll take you to another page, and then the generator will load. It's hard to explain, but I'll attempt to have the section open in the next week (swamped with projects currently.... so that doesn't help.)

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
Excellant job SZ!
Thanks, Kay!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
eric said:
One of the reasons it was booming in the first 2 months, as I've already said, is that the activity in the coding boards was amazing. Eventually that died down. That's when I left pretty much.

That and the fact that I racked up like 300 posts in two days just in the Convention Center. :D

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
Very Superb Studio Zero! :)

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Also

[url=http://studiozero.proboards44.com/index.cgi?action=pmsend&to=popojoe
]Try PMing me[/url]
Compared to Chris'

If people like my little code..I can fill it in the database. ;)

Last Edit: Jul 1, 2006 21:53:39 GMT by Xylish
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
Death to Lucifer.

My thread was closed! Bah, oh well. Congrats SZ. I havn't been very active but I check in several times a day. =p

Death to Lucider. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
wow 20k posts. thats awsome. i can say that i contributes less than 1% of those :P lol
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling