Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, the Studio has two banners for v1 already. So why not more?

That's right. We're challenging all the designers out there: Design a new banner for v1 of the Studio. What we're planning to do is incorporate a banner changer that'll allow you to change the banner for v1 to a banner of your choice. But the thing is, we only have two now. We want to populate this with well-designed banners. Heck, you can even add your own name to it as a copyright if you wish.

Now, onto the layout of the competition.

Requirements
I realize this can be fairly restricting, and I apologize, but these are what are set and will remain that way for now. If they are changed, you all will be notified.

Height: 120-160px
Width: 750px
File Types: JPG/JPEG or GIF

Prizes
You may choose between any of the listed prizes below if you are deemed a winner. You also get a semi-fancy winner's sig and a custom title of your choice. If you have an additional prize to suggest, post it in this thread.

- A preview of SZv2
- A custom code by me

Judging
Right now, the actual sheet that will be used to judge your banner is being developed. It will be released later this week. Watch this thread for updates

Judges: Joe and Kay

How to Win
Well, the obvious answer is "Be picked by the judges", but there's more to it then that. First things first, there will be two official "winners", meaning, two people can claim prizes and be deemed "winners". But does that mean the banners of those who didn't "win" will be wasted? Yes and no. Depending on the quality of the banner, Joe will decide whether or not the banner should be included in the changer, so try your hardest.

Previewing Your Banner
If you would like to preview your banner, change the skin to v1 and slap this in your URL bar and hit enter.
javascript:document.getElementsByTagName("img")[0].src="URL OF YOUR BANNER";void(0);

Submitting a banner
To submit your banner, send it in a PM to myself. You have 'til the deadline to change your entry. And speaking of which, the deadline will be the Studio's birthday: August 20th at 6:00 PM CST (-6 GMT).

Any questions? Post 'em here. ;) This thread is also the official discussion thread.

- Chris

Virtuoso

Virtuoso Avatar

May 2006
Nice idea. So this is for v1 not v0, right?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Thought I stated that... :P Yeah, its for v1, not v0.

Blade

Blade Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
I want to play. =D

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
When is the due date?

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
sonicxx said:
When is the due date?
He stated August 20th.

windwaker

windwaker Avatar
Hey!

Dedicated Member

October 2005
It looks like I'll be competing in this. :)

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
Count me in! :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Also, just to throw out a detail about the prize:

For the custom code, you can pretty much remove any of the rules listed in the request board. That's why its special. There's a few exceptions still (like, I won't do a RPG or some admin editables).

Dn107xc

Dn107xc Avatar
Hm.. Yeah!

Dedicated Member

May 2006
lol, Im not really that good, but I like the prizes! So Im gonna compete.

Blade

Blade Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
Screw the custom code. I want teh preview. :P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I entered.

Don't know why.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
He's going to use the custom code for DGF. =o (I never said the code had to be JS. ;))

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
For the awards thread, are you gonna just bust out with the winner and list the other entries, or are you going to...I don't know, make an entries topic or something? Just wanted to know how you're gonna deal with people's entries.

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
Can there be animation on the Banner?

newBookmarkLockedFalling