Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
i believe chris said he might release v2 but it would be without the search feature.

anyway thats awesome man... OMG I never realised i have submitted a code lol... weird :S

nice job dude

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
lol, I'm the only one under $ :P
wat

Ron

Ron Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
Jut to say, when I go into the Code Database board and click on Code Database it just comes up with a [Database] post... is this just me?

It works via the link in the first post of this thread.

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
Very nice. =]
Thanks, Kay!

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
I just started one for KD (click). Andrew will be adding a search and a few other of his ideas to it later. Anyway, I took a look at your coding and come on man. :P If anything this is the time to be using OOP.

Last Edit: Sept 3, 2006 22:41:28 GMT by Aaron

Rouno

Rouno Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
Very nice, even though I probably won't use it. XD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
popojoe said:
I know this has been mentioned, but..when is this code database going to replace that "Code Index" thread in the Code Storage area Chris? Are you going to replace that link with the v3 code DB Chris?

It does, just, the cell highlight dislikes me. <.<

stinky666 said:
Question; Is the V2 Code Database gonna be released to the public? :)

v2 will not be released, or, at least, not with the search feature.

ron said:
Jut to say, when I go into the Code Database board and click on Code Database it just comes up with a [Database] post... is this just me?

Using the cell highlight is a known bug. I'll be fixing that first.

derfleurer said:
I just started one for KD (click). Andrew will be adding a search and a few other of his ideas to it later. Anyway, I took a look at your coding and come on man. :P If anything this is the time to be using OOP.

In most cases, I find OOP to be overused. Plus, I was lazy. :P

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
OOP is often over-used and abused. But again, this isn't on of those cases.

But go ahead and be lazy. I wrote the KD database in just a couple hours via OOP. Your coding seems overly complicated. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yes, but this way no one can copy it. ;) And I had fun writing it, so stfu. :P I wrote it the way I wanted, and enjoyed that. Very little looping (the exception being through the codes), and I like my search feature.

dev7
Why make a new board to host the Code Database Code, instead of just using a location check on the Post Page. That way you wouldn't have to worry about the cell highlight or whatever and the extra step.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It saves loading times. 50kb loads slowly for dialup users, and loading that for every page in the code database board makes slow loading overall. Its just more efficient.

dev7
Oh okay I understand.
BTW that was your 4900th post. =o

hansoloissocute

hansoloissocute Avatar

August 2006

Same thing is happening to me. I was wondering, when is it going to be fixed? There's still a lot of codes I needed to get from the database.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
hansoloissocute said:

Same thing is happening to me. I was wondering, when is it going to be fixed? There's still a lot of codes I needed to get from the database.

It should already be fixed.... =/ I'll put in an override later then.

Remixed

Remixed Avatar

April 2006
A suggestion (I didn't read this whole thread, so bare with me if someone already suggested this)

How about making it a preference to be able to open links in new window, or same window? That would be cool, especially when you are looking for tons of different codes.

newBookmarkLockedFalling