Welcome to the Partner Sites application thread. I'm going to try to keep it sort and sweet so that it doesn't take too long for you guys to read through.
To start things off, here are our banners:
You may use any of the three (though we recommend that you use the version two ones) and you may rehost them or hot link them as necessary. If you wish to create a Studio Zero mini-banner better suited for your forum's design, just ask us for approval on it. We're fairly nonrestrictive.
Next, you must have the banner link to www.sz-ex.com. It can be done via a redirect or however you wish, but it must link to that link since we plan to eventually have a full website.
Now, onto the requirements.
1. You must have a good amount of content. If your site is a forum, you must have at least 10,000 posts. Forum game boards, staff only boards, passworded boards, and hidden boards do not count towards this amount. This is also based off of the amount visible to guests. If your site is a website, you must have a good amount of articles or resources. This amount will be decided by the staff of Studio Zero. If the site is a mixture of a forum and a website, the staff of Studio Zero will decide if you have enough content to pass our requirements.
2. The content you provide must be of a decent level/quality and must be available to guests. This means, that you must not be required to register to obtain the content. There is one exception, and that is full fledged forum or website templates since they require a large amount of work.
3. The design should be decent, at least. Your website does not have to be beautiful or amazing, but the template/skin must be at least bearable. You may not be using a premade website or forum template, even if you have made significant changes. We're a design site and wish to affiliate with sites that have the ability to design their own template.
4. The website/forum must pass the ProBoards Terms of Service, regardless of it being hosted on ProBoards. This is because we can not be affiliated with a site that doesn't pass the ProBoards Terms of Service agreement.
5. You must be a staff member of the website you are applying to have added as a partner site, preferably to the extent that you are able to add our minibanner. It'd be best if you were an admin, though it is not a requirement.
6. You must add our minibanner within 24 hours of being ACCEPTED as a partner site of Studio Zero. We give you this time period because sometimes our acceptance takes a bit due to the large review process, so we can't expect you to link to use without being linked back.
7. If you have too many other affiliate sites, we may deny you since we don't feel we will receive relatively equal exposure. Too many will vary on the site, but typically more than 28 affiliate sites will constitute too many. (Studio Zero strives to maintain 21 or less affiliate sites.)
When applying you must provide a link to your forum or website and link(s) to your minibanner(s). We do allow multiple minibanners to be shown in a random rotation, so this is your choice on whether or not you'd like a random rotation displayed or just a single banner.
- Team Studio
P.S. If yo are not accepted as a partner site, you may still add our mini-banner if you wish. We gladly welcome any and all support to the Studio.
Updates - 11/17/09 - Overhaul of this first post since it really isn't version 2 anymore. A new rule 7 was added regarding too many affiliate sites.
- 3/15/08 - Removed "archive boards" from the list of boards that does not count towards the total forum count.
- 3/09/08 - All rules have been updated in someway. A complete reread is recommended. Rule 7 was removed.
- 2/13/07 - Clarified more on rule one, specifically that it is based on the amount of posts a Guest sees in the Info Center AND that posts in forum games, archives, staff only, hidden, and passworded boards do not count towards this amount.
- 2/24/07 - Rule 7 was added.
- 10/07/07 - Changed the linking rules. Now you must link to the SZ domain instead of the ProBoards link.
-My site has over 15,000 more posts then you require -Almost all of those posts are quality. The few that aren't are usually deleted. -Our template isn't "amazing" by comparison, but I think it's decent. It may have some holes, as you've said in the past, but I think it's good enough. -We don't break Proboards TOS -I am the original creator -Your mini-banner will be added within 24 hours of acceptance. Heck, I'll do you one better. 23 hours.