Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
cddude229 said:
simie said:

Out of curiosity, how old is your computer? :P

It'd actually be his internet connection. The coding speed also takes into consideration how long it takes for the files to load.

What about how fast his computer can process the stuff it gets?

Everything matters when you come to how fast the internet is, even how many people are waiting for the page to load :P (It always seems to take longer...)

Sunshine

Sunshine Avatar
You are my sunshine

Dedicated Member

August 2006
My computer is fairly new. My internet is broadband.

It was just a freak coincidence. It happened once, and I had to post it. Usually, it's a second or two.

~Artemis
I My Boyfriend

In his hand
the pen that lied
this is how
the author died

¿Quién te cortó las alas mi ángel? ¿quién te arrodillé para humillarte?

Ryan

Ryan Avatar

Banned

November 2006
simie said:
cddude229 said:

It'd actually be his internet connection. The coding speed also takes into consideration how long it takes for the files to load.

Everything matters when you come to how fast the internet is, even how many people are waiting for the page to load :P (It always seems to take longer...)

Browsers don't use much processing power, how much memory he has available does come into consideration, but it usually doesn't matter. Your browser does need to render the files, but the coding shouldn't be that big that it takes that long.

How the internet works, is like a pipe, in sorts. Though, when you transmit you can be the only person on that line, unless you get collisions.

It was most likely due to his bandwidth being occupied at that time, maybe he was downloading a torrent?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
gimli10567 said:
simie said:

Browsers don't use much processing power, how much memory he has available does come into consideration, but it usually doesn't matter. Your browser does need to render the files, but the coding shouldn't be that big that it takes that long.

How the internet works, is like a pipe, in sorts. Though, when you transmit you can be the only person on that line, unless you get collisions.

It was most likely due to his bandwidth being occupied at that time, maybe he was downloading a torrent?

For three minutes to load approx 45 kb (maximum. Dunno exact size and it varies per skin) is an insane amount. :P Torrent or not. I think my host was rebooting during that time or something. Can never be too sure.

dravu2000
Coding ran in 41.156 seconds.
That's what I got when I got to the main page and nothing was cached and I wasn't logged in or anything.

After everything was cached and I logged in, it said:
Coding ran in 0.297 seconds.

When I cleared my cache and reloaded, it said:
Coding ran in 40.859 seconds.

Your host takes a VERY long time to connect. :-/

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
He knows ---

:P

A new host will be coming with the new version asap. Be patient.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
9 inches.

Oh, sorry, I guess I should've read your post first.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I admit, my host is incredibly bad as of recently. I was looking at Elixant, but they recently announced their closure. I have a few other's I'm looking at, for example, Cali's old site for hosting.

newBookmarkLockedFalling