Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

~*Moonshadow*~

~*Moonshadow*~ Avatar

Official Member

December 2005
Okay. Everyone is always talking about renders these days.... I have a small idea of what they are, but....

What are they? What programs do you use to make them? What kind of stuff can you render?

"In space, all warriors are cold warriors." - General Chang, Klingon Chief-of-Staff

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
There are 2 kinds of renders the real kind of render which is 3D and made in Cinema 4D
then there is the oeth kind which is just a stock cut out like at game renders and render world
Thanks, Kay!

~*Moonshadow*~

~*Moonshadow*~ Avatar

Official Member

December 2005
So how do you make the real ones?

"In space, all warriors are cold warriors." - General Chang, Klingon Chief-of-Staff

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
Using a program like CD4 or Cinema max
Thanks, Kay!

def_

def_ Avatar

Official Member

November 2005
Can't you make them with photoshop too? I was browsing some tuts and their was one that tought you how to make a render, without using those programs.

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
I dunno maybe you can, but probably not as good as the ones with cinema 4d and such
Thanks, Kay!

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
a render is any image formed through pixel placement... what a render does is places a colour in each pixel to get an image... the main one's you can see this render taking place is bryce and c4d... a render takes up alot of processor speed and memory and will greatly drop the proformance of you computer.. so when doing a render i recommend closing any other program first... lol

(_.·: mot0 :·._)

(_.·: mot0 :·._) Avatar

January 2006
bakura said:
a render is any image formed through pixel placement... what a render does is places a colour in each pixel to get an image... the main one's you can see this render taking place is bryce and c4d... a render takes up alot of processor speed and memory and will greatly drop the proformance of you computer.. so when doing a render i recommend closing any other program first... lol

That is very true. When you do a render, only have that program your doing it in open (if it is huge).

You can also make renders in 3D Studio Max. You cannot make renders in photoshop. I don't care what people say it isn't possible. You can make 3D objects with it...but not crazy 3D objects like cars. I hope you have a better understanding about renders now, everyone above gave a good amount of detail about them. I was just adding on.

:)

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
I make renders with C4D. Sometimes I also download them from planetrenders.com.

newBookmarkLockedFalling