Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

tenkabuto

tenkabuto Avatar

January 1970
I have decided that whenever I come back to SZ, I will leave you guys with a little discussion. :)

I have seen people designing "userbars". A "userbar" is an image showing things that you play (games/sports), watch (television shows), and mostly listen to (music).

I am sure that the people wearing these "userbars" are very happy about what they do and would like to bring attention to the fact that they do indeed do these things.

But have you ever looked at a "userbar"? They look horrible! There are thousands and thousands of tutorials on the web concerning how to make these "userbars", so now they are all the same and havent looked any better since they were started.

How can we make them better? By completely flushing the look! We need to make a new look, a new size. Lets make some designs for how we would like them to look.

jongos

jongos Avatar

Male

December 2005
I think making them glossier would look better. at lightening the scanlines on some.
Thanks, Kay!

windwaker

windwaker Avatar
Hey!

Dedicated Member

October 2005
I think not applying a 1 pixel black stroke to the text would help a lot. And also making them bigger, not so dark, and lightening the scan lines would also improve them.

Last Edit: May 7, 2006 3:30:22 GMT by windwaker

AI

AI Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2006
In my opinion, the only way to improve the look of userbars is to resize it somehow.

newBookmarkLockedFalling