Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

valandil
I'm not sure what exactly its called, or how to go about putting it on my works.

For example, in movies, they take the real shot with cameras, but when editing, they put an effect on everything that makes it look less like a cheap amateur film, and make it look better. I've seen it with some photos too. I'm not sure how well I can describe it, but it basically makes images look more... professional.

I like taking photos and making them into images. Does anyone have any suggestions as to any effects I could add to them to make them look more professional?

windwaker

windwaker Avatar
Hey!

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Could you be talking about sharpening/blurring the image or messing with the brightness/contrast setting? They help make images look better.

Last Edit: May 31, 2006 0:16:07 GMT by windwaker

valandil
windwaker said:
Could you be talking about sharpening/blurring the image or messing with the brightness/contrast setting? They help make images look better.

Brightness and contrast might do it. I use Photoshop 7.0, how would I go about doing that?

windwaker

windwaker Avatar
Hey!

Dedicated Member

October 2005
You would select 'Layer' (at the top), then is should bring up a drop down menu. Then go to 'New Adjustment Layer' then click on 'Brightness/Contrast...'

newBookmarkLockedFalling