Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Shockeye

Shockeye Avatar
Studying HTML and Javascript

Official Member

December 2006
So there are always rules. But what about on GFX Request boards?

What type of rules do you write and do you agree with other rules on other forums?

Well basically. I disagree with the "You may not design for design forums" rule since, what if the designer is away and unable to fill requests or maybe the design requests is not open or it is closed. I just set a post count like "You must have 50 spamless posts before requesting for a design forum".

What other rules do you think are right or wrong and what do you have to say about GFX rules and also how do you set them up?

Last Edit: Mar 19, 2007 19:17:45 GMT by Shockeye

~CrAzY~

~CrAzY~ Avatar

Official Member

December 2006
I basically look to other forums.

When you see what rules people break or what problems arise there, you can decide what rules you need to put into place.

- 24 Hour Bump before Fill notice, 48 Hour Bump after a filler has accepted the challenge. It just makes sense to me and prevents bumpers from going crazy.
- DO NOT GET SPOILED. Requesters tend to act like they are the center of the universe. It gets old, fast.
- No filling requests for boards with GFX request junk. If you have someone who can make stuff... ASK THEM. If you can make stuff... LEARN TO MAKE THEM YOURSELF. If you're lazy... Your forum will GO DOWN THE DRAIN cus you're too lazy to properly lead it.

I don't agree with the junk about accepting any old image someone stops by to give though. I've seen some request fillers give absolute CRAP images, even though they have decent skills. The person actually PMed me asking to do it personally. This makes me not lock requests the *second* they are filled by someone, I wait for a response.

racinfan44
The one that really gets me is the....

- You can not request if you are a moderator on a graphic/coding forum.

and the...

- You cannot request if you have a graphics or coding related board on your forum.

Those are really lame in my opinion. ;)

Matt

Matt Avatar

needs moar dragonfly

February 2006
racinfan44 said:
The one that really gets me is the....

- You can not request if you are a moderator on a graphic/coding forum.

and the...

- You cannot request if you have a graphics or coding related board on your forum.

Those are really lame in my opinion. ;)

How are they lame? If you moderate a Graphics board or own one, wouldn't you assume that you can actually make graphics? :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling