Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling

Nicola

Nicola Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
Like the title says, which kind of graphics do you like most in games? And the games next to the options are examples..

I can easily say bit, followed by manga shaded.. I can't really explain why though.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Is "bit" the same a pixel? As in GBA graphics? :D

Nicola

Nicola Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
XD I beat all of them too.. Except it only takes me 1 hour and 45 minutes to beat MGS, 2 hours and 45 minutes to beat MGS2, and maybe 8 hours for MGS3.

Is "bit" the same a pixel? As in GBA graphics?

Yep. :D

Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 12:12:36 GMT by Nicola

tenkabuto

tenkabuto Avatar

January 1970
Phantom Dust for xBox has amazing graphics although the storyline is a stinker.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Remember folks, we;re not debating best graphics, but best type of graphics. ;)

Anyway, I like the Manga Shaded. I thought Budokai 3 was a great game and it's unique graphics were incredible. It was like playing the actual TV show.

Nicola

Nicola Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
Anyway, I like the Manga Shaded. I thought Budokai 3 was a great game and it's unique graphics were incredible. It was like playing the actual TV show.

I agree, and they also looked great in Musashi: Samurai Legend.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Ah, I've haven't seen nor played that game. I've been wanting to though.

Nicola

Nicola Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
Nah, definatly don't buy it.. I feel like it was the biggest waste of money I ever spent.. Just rent it instead, since it only takes a few hours to beat anyway. The gameplay is fun and the graphics are good, but the main character's voice acting is extremely horrible. When I first heard it I felt like throwing up.. Well not that far, but I did burst out saying "wtheck?"

Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 23:20:05 GMT by Nicola

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Uh, Wishy, I think you put something extra in there. >_>

I've never heard of "manga-shaded." All the Budokai games were cel-shaded. The art style may have been anime/manga, but the graphics were cel-shaded. =P Anyway, I'd probably have to say 3-D graphics. Cel-shading tends to bring out a lot of detail, but if done right, nothing blows 3-D graphics away, especially when you see clips from game FMV's or FFVII:AC.

Last Edit: Aug 22, 2005 23:27:05 GMT by Ess Ohh

Nicola

Nicola Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
I never heard of "manga-shaded" graphics either until I looked at the back of the box of Musashi. And I found a definition of it from Gamespot.com..

MANGA SHADING - Manga Shading is a drawing technique where characters, rocks and buildings are drawn with distinct shades of colors like in manga (Japanese comics), and the backgrounds are expressed with finely drawn soft colors like in Japanese animation. This allows for a more in-depth drawing than the conventional cell shading technique and is best suited to express a courageous Musashi in his world. It creates a fusion between the comic book and animation influences, which is the original drawing method for MUSASHI: Samurai Legend.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005

Well, that's a new one. I've heard of Budokai being cel-shaded, but I guess for games like the one that was mentioned in the quote it's...manga...shading... O_o

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
:P

Bit. All bit bitch. Or 3D >_>

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
Decent 3D GFX are by far the best. Best examples are Max Payne 2 and Half life 2. Just look at this for an example, and it isn't even on high settings, they're on medium. (SS I took)

img254.imageshack.us/img254/659/d1trainstation0100001ww.jpg (800x600)

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
O_o;;; You had to take that shot of the G-man. That seriously scared me...>.<

For me...PIXEL GBA GOODNESS!
FIRE EMBLEM! ZERO! MEGAMAN!

They're all good, and GBA pwns all! :D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Official Member

August 2005
Heh, 3D for me... Although if it ran as smooth as anime shows, and had a series I was interested in, I'd definately side with manga shaded graphics... =D
I need more practice making sigs... (Kicks Xylish and asks for help) -.-

newPollBookmarkLockedFalling