Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I have heard a lot abt it - what really happened at ZD?

~Night Wolfe~

~Night Wolfe~ Avatar

Dedicated Member

December 2006
ZD????

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Zeno Designs? Or somewhere else?
k

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
He's probably talking about Zanmato and Nadim, or Tom or Thom or whatever he went by. I think he just didn't want to run it anymore but this one Morgoth dude did or something. Cut to the point, I'm probably not the best person to remember this.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
slipstream said:
I have heard a lot abt it - what really happened at ZD?

Which time?

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
Zanmato moved to IPB and became Zanmato Concept, morgoth stole it back and made Zanmato Design again but got busted by thom who originally controlled it, then they were forced to change the name inorder to keep it, thus it bacame Zenith Deisgn which due to very bad ownership and running failed misrebly and it was finally shut down afew months back and left alone

"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
kahless said:
Zanmato moved to IPB and became Zanmato Concept, morgoth stole it back and made Zanmato Design again but got busted by thom who originally controlled it, then they were forced to change the name inorder to keep it, thus it bacame Zenith Deisgn which due to very bad ownership and running failed misrebly and it was finally shut down afew months back and left alone

All good, except you forgot to mention how it rivaled SSD for the top design forum and there was incredible controversy about moving to IPB (Invision Power Board) from ProBoards. After Zanmato Designs moved and becamed ZC, the member support was so lacking that it failed, was revived later as Zenith and was a complete crash-and-burn situation due to mostly underqualified staff, no member support, and general disunity among the members and staff alike.

Last Edit: Jan 5, 2007 4:05:00 GMT by Lucifer

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Not Zeno, Zenith Lucifer. Kahless pretty much states the history in a quick way. It's a shame all those rebellious threads against ZC went down to nothing. :P

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I was basically running the damn forum until Victor got promoted to gmod as well, and then it was like he and I were running it because Nick, Morgoth, and Mucleus(other gmod), were never around.

I left...and all I know is things went crashing down afterwards, then Nick told me that he was closing it, asked if I had any objections, and I told him that I wasn't surprised, figured it was long overdue.

Everyone else basically covered the rest of it. Seriously, never leave 2 gmods to run a forum when they don't have all the powers/abilities to do so. If you're gonna own a forum, then actually take the responsibility you put on yourself. Heh.

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
Yeah, I probably would've changed quite a bit if I had become an admin from a GMod. Sadly, that didn't happen. :P

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
aznx said:
Yeah, I probably would've changed quite a bit if I had become an admin from a GMod. Sadly, that didn't happen. :P

Yeah, that was the problem, mainly. No active admins. And they wouldn't make anyone an admin to try to work things out. But oh well, done and over with now.

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
ZD seriously repeated history after moving to IPB. We had inactive administration there, and after we moved back, the same happened as well. So the lesson is to actually learn from the past. I wish politicians would understand that, because most of them tend to try and repeat history.

Karl Marx had said:

"History repeats itself twice. Once as a tragedy, and the second time as a joke."

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
kay said:
I was basically running the damn forum until Victor got promoted to gmod as well, and then it was like he and I were running it because Nick, Morgoth, and Mucleus(other gmod), were never around.

Was this around the time I went on vacation? 'Cause by the time I got back (after only 9 days), everything had gone to hell. :P

I was disappointed too. Kahless, AZN, and I were the only ones around fighting Zanmato Concept. After all that work didn't pay off, Morgoth stole the forum, got caught, and was able to keep it after changing the name. By this time though I wanted nothing to do with Zenith. Nothing good came out of it but the history.

I was bugged about a v-mod spot several times and eventually someone shot for code mod and I accepted. I later got pmed by one of the admins (morgoth I believe) asking if I could help out as a v-mod (i'm pretty sure AZN did too?). Greg also messaged me about considering it. A little while after, Greg left, I left, everyone followed, and it all went to hell.

mukei

mukei Avatar

July 2006
derfleurer said:
kay said:

Was this around the time I went on vacation? 'Cause by the time I got back (after only 9 days), everything had gone to hell. :P

I was disappointed too. Kahless, AZN, and I were the only ones around fighting Zanmato Concept. After all that work didn't pay off, Morgoth stole the forum, got caught, and was able to keep it after changing the name. By this time though I wanted nothing to do with Zenith. Nothing good came out of it but the history.

I was bugged about a v-mod spot several times and eventually someone shot for code mod and I accepted. I later got pmed by one of the admins (morgoth I believe) asking if I could help out as a v-mod (i'm pretty sure AZN did too?). Greg also messaged me about considering it. A little while after, Greg left, I left, everyone followed, and it all went to hell.

My name is Azn.X. Not AZN. Get that right, Der. :P

It was quite ironic how two days before Greg quit that he was encouraging me to help even further with ZD.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
aznx said:
Not Zeno, Zenith Lucifer. Kahless pretty much states the history in a quick way. It's a shame all those rebellious threads against ZC went down to nothing. :P

Noted and rectified. I wasn't sure where my head was.

newBookmarkLockedFalling