Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Ok, first off, do not blame me for anything you do.
Also, please do not attempt to do any of this here and preferable not at any forums hosted by proboards.

But seriously, sometimes you're in the mood to bug people. To do something pointless and annoying, we all feel like this sometimes (or maybe I'm just crazy). A good way to relieve this is forum spamming.

Here is some knowledge I gained from way back before I had created a forum. I've also added some from knowledge I've gained moderating at different forums. Hopefully it will maximize your the amount of fun you have when spamming.

Sometimes it can be hard to find a good forum. Usually the best ones are huge ones (small ones can work well too though). The more serious and strict the forum is the better. Here is a good place to find huge boards - Bigboards.com (just make sure you don't
loose track of your posts).

Don't use the username you use at most forums. You don't want to be tracked down. Its also smart to create a new email. A complete Alais can be very fun. **I had a story here but removed it due to reasons you can guess**

Decide whether you want it to be prolonged, of if you are planning to get banned right away. It really depends on your mood though. Slowly driving people crazy can be fun, but a swift banning has its advantages as well.

Now for the good stuff...

Here is some of the stuff you can do. Feel free to do your own thing if you wish though.

1) Reply to threads only copy/pasting comments others have said. Or say exatly the same thing except change a few words and slightly reword it. This works best with threads asking for opinions.

2) Take over someone elses thread. For example, lets say someone had a thread trying to sell something. Reply selling your own stuff.

3) Ask retarted questions. ( eg. How Do I create a new thread?)

4) Argue everything.

5) Reply to threads saying "Stop Spamming, this should be Locked" even if there is no spam

6) (requires a parnter) Create a topic about science or math or something and have a huge debate of nonsense where its just you and your parnter reply. And everyone will think you're brainyacks and won't know what you're talking about, and won't reply. Or have a big debate about something very personal or deep and have very twisted views.

7) Reply in another language, just copy text from a german site or something similar.

8) Create 10 threads with the exact same content and pretend its an accident.

9) Reply to yourself, act like you think your replys are someone elses. Have an argument.

10) Create your own forum rules and ask them to be stickied. When denied get angry that they won't accept any help.

11) Illegally Bump other peoples threads.

12) Create a thread, and when someone replys, delete your first post so it looks like they started the thread.

13) Create a thread for members to sign and then change the subject. For exmaple, you create a thread called "Reply if you love this forum", then after people reply rename it "Reply if you hate this forum".

14) Create a huge transparent signature that stretches the forum.

15) In every single one of your replys, sign your name with a huge poem.

16) Send a pm welcoming a Moderator to the forum. Act like you've been there for a long time.

17) Report yourself

18) Put tons of actions into every single on of your posts.
Example:

*smiles*
Yea, I guess I agree

*yawns*
*looks at ceiling*
*squints*
*hits post reply button*

19) Register using a username that really ridiculous.

20) Create a thread, and when someone replys get angry. Don't let anyone touch your thread. Its just for you.

Another great article by 17Godzilla. :)

Last Edit: Nov 2, 2005 13:08:03 GMT by Chris

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
lol, I don't need this :D

Good job Godzila :)

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
Oh god, this is gold. I seriously need to talk to you more dude.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, that's what I thought Spek. I was seriously laughing through this whole thing. :P

Though I've personally done #16 <_<

17Godzilla

17Godzilla Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Lol, thanks everyone. I was afraid people would be offended... but it turned out okay :)

enalia.proboards92.com/index.cgi

valandil
Lol that is awesome, very nice article. ;D

Ovi

Ovi Avatar
.forgotten

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Number 14 and number 16 owns man :D lol

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yeah, those are good. I honestly never would of thought of the invisible sig thing. That's just a great idea.

I also like number 17.... I mean, that would seriously piss people off if you reported yourself. :P

Luke

Luke Avatar

August 2005
Nuber 12 was great.

Man do I remember too well, back when I was a n00b.

I posted in bold red. Haha.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Heh, we've had a few of number 12's here. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
You know, this very article has given me the drive to spam forums. This is the funniest thing I've ever read. I can't wait to try it out. I love the transparent sig thing to. Genius!

Thank you Godzilla, you will have made me happy and others extremely pissed. ;D

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
lucifer said:
You know, this very article has given me the drive to spam forums. This is the funniest thing I've ever read. I can't wait to try it out. I love the transparent sig thing to. Genius!

Thank you Godzilla, you will have made me happy and others extremely pissed. ;D

Indeed. It also points out various methods that admins should be aware of incase of such spamming.

Just a side note: Anyone who attempts to spam SZ will be a...

vegetable :D

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Heh, I know another great way to spam. But, it's not the forum that gets spammed and is only necessary if you have a grudge against an admin or one of it's members. Just click "Forgot Your Password">Type in Username>Submit>Repeat

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
If I start getting forgotten password e-mails, its your head Luci. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
cddude229 said:
If I start getting forgotten password e-mails, its your head Luci. :P