Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Article Written By Craz

Photography is becoming a very popular art form, used by young and old. The introduction of digital cameras was a huge success and now the many people that have them take numerous photos every time. Although many people have them they sometimes don’t quite fully understand the importance of photos their taking.

Its very easy to take a photo without thinking of the importance to it. Photos preserve how things looked like, memories, thoughts, and views alike that will show and teach later generations about our generation. In other words everything you take a photo of will be able to be viewed in the future. Aaron Siskind summarized this very well.

"What you have caught on film is captured forever, it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything."

Is photography really a form of art? All you have to do is push a button and boom, you have an instant art piece. Right? Sadly, that’s what some people believe. A definition of the meaning of art states this: "Art is the creation of beautiful or significant things." I’ve already covered why art is significant and I’ve seen many beautiful photos and I’m sure that you have too.

To conclude, photography does fall under the category of art. If you have a camera I urge you to take lots of photos. If you can't get good results at the beginning, keep trying until you do! Whatever you do, don't give up! I'll leave you now with some inspiring photography quotes that may come of an interest to you.

You learn to see by practice. It's just like playing tennis, you get better the more you play. The more you look around at things, the more you see. The more you photograph, the more you realize what can be photographed and what can't be photographed. You just have to keep doing it.
-Eliot Porter

One should really use the camera as though tomorrow you'd be stricken blind.
-Dorothea Lange

Last Edit: Jun 26, 2006 22:22:06 GMT by Chris

.trance\\

.trance\\ Avatar

August 2005
Great article. Many people have the mentality that you can press a button at anything and you have a nice piece of art.

It isn't true, of course as you mentioned. It takes time to see potential pictures in a lot of things. It takes good lighting, a good angle and basically, there are a few variables that constitute into this art form.

I'm not saying that only certain, special people can do it. I mean, I'm doing it. XD

craz

craz Avatar

Dedicated Member

September 2005
phoenix said:
Great article. Many people have the mentality that you can press a button at anything and you have a nice piece of art.

It isn't true, of course as you mentioned. It takes time to see potential pictures in a lot of things. It takes good lighting, a good angle and basically, there are a few variables that constitute into this art form.

I'm not saying that only certain, special people can do it. I mean, I'm doing it. XD

Exactly! ;) Thanks for taking the time to actually read this :D
Ion displacement won't work in the basement
Especially when I'm not with you- Vampire Weekend

art+jams+fake+social

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Its nice, and it depends what kind of Photography you define (for the press of a button thing). Professional or personal.

Professional- A job, hobby, or practice of beautiful pictures you described above.

Personal- Family get togethers where you just want to take a picture of something quickly, or similar things. :P

.trance\\

.trance\\ Avatar

August 2005
I'm more into the professional mentality of things, though if I'm around friends and family, I'm not going to deprive the saving memories.

newBookmarkLockedFalling