Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

hey

hey Avatar
j00 n00b. =P

Official Member

October 2005
It works in FF without errors...
forums.talesrpg.com

Zero Tolerance

Zero Tolerance Avatar

October 2005
Hrm, isn't working for me now o.o

Anyhow, due to the problems caused I'd suggest passing the object parent through a argument: www.gzevolution.net/js/getElementsByClassName.htm

- Zero Tolerance

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That works great. Good job ZT. :)

And hey, my browser's probably just whacked out. :P

Last Edit: Nov 4, 2005 13:25:35 GMT by Chris

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
I know this is a gigantic necrobump, but I think it's cool that you made this before HTML5 did.
#intj (Mastermind)^

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Well the original idea was just to create a cross-browser implementation. I believe most major browsers at the time (short of IE6) supported a getElementsByClassName in their html dom host environment.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
Ah, that explains it.
#intj (Mastermind)^

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Der's right. It was mostly for CB reasons.... I'm not sure I even knew Fx had an implementation when I wrote this. I should rewrite it sometime though... might be able to make it more effective and efficient.

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
Well for starters I'd add a check for a native implementation, since that's bound to be faster.
You probably already thought of that though.
#intj (Mastermind)^

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yep. :P That'd be one of the things for sure. There's also probably a bug if you delete an element in the array... it doesn't update. I'm not sure how I'd fix that, but I would need to.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
This is one of those things that I LOVE about ProBoards using jQeary now...You should easily be able to grab classes :P
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
jQuery*

Also, Proboards uses jQuery? ...or have they been using it for a while. (I haven't trawled through proboards code since 2010 or so... and even then I was just ignoring everything except what I was looking for)

Oh, and this should go without saying, excellent code Chris. (as usual)

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
V5 supports jQueary :)

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Well anything supports jQuery, V5 just includes it by default. :P (V5 makes use of jQuery UI for many functions)

But that said, one thing that annoys me is when people include jQuery for the simple things like element selecting. Or $.each(). If you don't have a reason to use at least 40% of the language, don't use it.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Hey...yea that's really me right now. I haven't dug into jQueary much so any code that includes it for me will be 50/50 with JS. I am learning though...it's just so much easier to do the element selectors with jQueary. Remember one short line instead of a really long one :P

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
That's wonderful! I've recently (within the past year) fooled a round on many website features for my 'private' website. Most of them with jQuery (one of them an awesome Chatango chat client that uses python -> file -> php -> jQuery for getting and displaying all the messages)

... oh and some other cool things too. >_>" I kinda abandoned that project though...

newBookmarkLockedFalling