Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

chantry

chantry Avatar

May 2010
I basically only use it when I need a calender or when I'm doing anything with Ajax because it makes it much less of a hassle.

That being said, it's not like JQuery massively reduces load times. It's a pretty small text file, so the majority of your users won't even notice the strain. If they do, chances are they're used to it. I guess it wouldn't be a horrible idea to build some functions for easy Ajax whenever that's the only thing I'm using it for, but I feel like it would be a minor waste of time.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
chantry Avatar
I basically only use it when I need a calender or when I'm doing anything with Ajax because it makes it much less of a hassle.

That being said, it's not like JQuery massively reduces load times. It's a pretty small text file, so the majority of your users won't even notice the strain. If they do, chances are they're used to it. I guess it wouldn't be a horrible idea to build some functions for easy Ajax whenever that's the only thing I'm using it for, but I feel like it would be a minor waste of time.

You can definitely find some old AJAX libraries that are worth using instead.

But yeah, especially if you use Google's CDN, most people have it cached already. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling