Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Alright, there's always one of these threads amongst a forum at least once if not a dozen times. I'm actually pretty sure we've had one here, but oh well.

What injuries have you had? And have you recovered/healed from them all?

Well I've had numerous injuries. I've broken the growth plate in my left shoulder twice, if I damage it again my arm stops growing. I've sprained my left elbow, right ankle, and my right wrist (not my fault). I've also shattered my left pinkie, had whiplash, and tore the rotary cup/muscle in my left shoulder as well. Heh, not fun.

All have healed pretty much fine. But every so often if I roll my ankle the wrong way, I feel the pain. And like the today my wrist has been acting up badly. It's been cracking and having sharp pains all day. It never healed properly so I'm stuck wearing my wrist brace for a couple of days until the recent swelling goes down.

What about y'all?

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
kay said:
Well I've had numerous injuries. I've broken the growth plate in my left shoulder twice, if I damage it again my arm stops growing. I've sprained my left elbow, right ankle, and my right wrist (not my fault). I've also shattered my left pinkie, had whiplash, and tore the rotary cup/muscle in my left shoulder as well. Heh, not fun.

All have healed pretty much fine. But every so often if I roll my ankle the wrong way, I feel the pain. And like the today my wrist has been acting up badly. It's been cracking and having sharp pains all day. It never healed properly so I'm stuck wearing my wrist brace for a couple of days until the recent swelling goes down.

Well... you're a cautious person :P

I've broken my right foot (I think... they both look so much the same :P) in 2 places. That's about it.

Support Rob Scuderi, the #1 Penguins Defender!

lucifer said:
"Behold: me! I have authority in this building."

Fjörynn

Fjörynn Avatar
My fingers can touch -anything- but them selves

Official Member

November 2006
Appendix, came close to exploding so I had emergancy surgery

Having the skin ripped off the side of my foot and having the bones show, had to walk home. I was not old enough to drive at the time and I was far from home.

having the skin on my thumb burnt off in blacksmithing

having multiple surguries to removie cancerous growths in my skin.

nearly ripping my ear my ear completley off while running in the woods.

getting shot in the stomach with a BB gun.

Getting the skin ripped off my middle finger on my right hand when I got it in a bike chain.

having my arm split open when a bard with a nail fell and I tride to block it with my arm.

falling 13 feet out of a tree, hitting 5 branched on the way down, but oddly I brake nothing and got up fine.

getting a cement block dropped on my head and having it crack my head slightly.

THats all I can remeber ;D

Fury Of The Storm

Fury Of The Storm Avatar
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil To Triumph Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!

August 2005
I've had 3 broken wrists, broken tailbone, Broken nose, hairline fractures on my ribs twice, I have a "Y" engraved on the top of my head lol (One of my friends and I were throwing rocks in the air, and he picked up this huge one, he through it up and I didn't have time to move because the rock was so big, it landed on my head, I placed my hand on my head and I screamed so loud, ran inside, went to my mom took off my hand and my hand was covered in blood, they took me to the hospital, turns out I needed 2 stitches and I received a concussion out of it

Last Edit: Feb 8, 2007 2:06:28 GMT by Fury Of The Storm

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
Oh yes, I also had my tonsils removed this summer... forgot about that :P

lucifer said:

Kay

Kay Avatar

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Mithras, I try to be cautious, but most injuries were from when I was younger. Major tomboy back then. >_>

veelox
Guess I'm lucky. I haven't had all that many major injuries that I can remember.

Pointy, Cement rock, as big as my head, in my eye. Some girl in Kindergarten thought I would be a good idea to drag the rock to the top of the play structure (around 15 feet up) and drop it. She dropped it on me on her way up.

Ripped up most of the skin on my hand off while power washing my deck.

Twisted my ankle pretty bad walking to a football game after a parade. My friend pushed me and I slipped on loose gravel and slid down a hill. But then she had to help me across the bridge (which is around 1/2 mile long)

lurk moar

lurk moar Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
god damn i've posted in so many threads like these, i always forget something.

i've..

- bitten through my lip
- chair flipped, went (bridge of the) nose first into the desk.. no damage
- twisted my ankle so many times it's not funny, a serious knee problem, too. :[ it always huurts.
- chipped my tooth after a bag got put over my head.

there's probably more. nothing's ever broken though.

dreamseeker
I can only recall one injury where I sprained my left wrist. I fell off of a wall and landed with my full body weight on my wrist, and that was moderately painful.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I've actually never been to the Hospital and have been exceptionally lucky as in not having had any major injuries till date --- ya occasional fighting and falling off bike when I was a kid and all but - only thing this one time at a friend's bday party a stupid kid slammed the door shut and my finger (index finger) got stuck and I was yelping like crazy --- don' t remember anything else.

lurk moar

lurk moar Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
ah i remembered one.

i got hit smack in the eye by a (really) hard hit softball. hurt like a bitch. had more of a yellowy-purple eye than a black one.. i might have a picture somewhere.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've yet to break a single bone, but I'm less than fortunate in injuries. :P Sprained my ankles at least 20 times (in total), I've had two sprained wrists on my right arm, bruised bones, etc. By far the worst injury I've had happened is I split open my middle finger to the point where I could see my bone between the flesh... worst part, I was with my grandparents since my parents were out of town. :P

dev7
And Kay isn't going to tell us how she got these injuries? :)

Anyways, I've never broken a bone, and haven't had too many, if any, serious injuries. Some of which that come to mind are:

Flipping of a Swing landing on my head, no damage.
Getting tripped down a staircase, landing on my head, no damage.
Getting punched on my head, no damage. (Other kid broke his hand - True story)
Got ran over in football, couldn't extend my arm in certain ways for 1 - 2 weeks.
In preschool this girl bit me in the forehead. ;)
In preschool this boy bit me in the wrist, and the skin was literally gone. It's back now though, of course. :P

I am more fortunate, but here are injuries I've seen happen to other people.

At my school, at agriculture, our assignment was to crush some rock to make it fit into our landfill area, and this kid decided to swing the sledgehammer, the head flew off and hit this kid square in the nuts. Can you say no kids?

Mithras

Mithras Avatar

Studio Member

July 2006
I remember these two kids got into a fight, and one kicked the other in the nuts, and he had to get stitches :P

Last Edit: Feb 15, 2007 22:30:04 GMT by Mithras

lucifer said:

Kay

Kay Avatar

Ghost Admin

August 2005

You want to know how? I'll tell. :P

Growth plate both times was falling off from toys in Primary school. Left elbow was from playing outside with my old dog and slipped on black ice. Right ankle and whiplash was from a car accident back in August of '05, some may remember that. Right wrist was my sister's ex-boyfriend threw me into a wall and slammed my wrist against the edge. The shattered pinkie was from punching my other sister's ex-boyfriend for calling her a bitch...broke his jaw in the process. ._. The torn muscle...no idea. It just happened.

Last Edit: Feb 16, 2007 0:31:32 GMT by Kay

newBookmarkLockedFalling