Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
<script type="text/Javascript">
// Members can Change Own Names v1 by Chris/CDDude229
// This script may not be redistributed outside of iFusion and Studio Zero

var _disabledUsers = [ 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 ]; // IDs of users who can't change their names.
var _normalCreds = 5; // Default ammount of name credits. 0 disables the name credit feature.
var _defSite = "http://www.invisionfree.com/"; // Site link to be inserted if they don't have one.

document.write("<script type='text/Javascript' src='http://209.85.12.232/7445/56/upload/p141917.ibf'><\/script>");
</script>

Previews
User Modifying Own Profile (Credits enabled)
User ran out of credits
Mod Changing User's Profile

Alright, this code basically allows registered users to modify their own name. Changes appear on every page ONCE you either view a post by them, view their full profile, OR spend enough time on a page with links to their profile (including users online list). A user's whose name has not already been loaded will be loaded once every 30 seconds that you spend on a page.

There's three editable variables.

var _disabledUsers = [ 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 ]; // IDs of users who can't change their names.
var _normalCreds = 5; // Default ammount of name credits. 0 disables the name credit feature.
var _defSite = "http://www.invisionfree.com/"; // Site link to be inserted if they don't have one.

First one, _disabledUsers contains an array of the ID number of users who aren't allowed to edit their own name.

_normalCreds is the default ammount of credits users are given. Setting this to zero will disable the credits feature.

_defSite is the default site that will be inserted into their URL socket if they don't have a website. This is because I use the website socket to store the data, and they need to have one. :P

Code goes in the Footers.

If you want to host the hosted portion yourself, please let me know via PM... this way I can notify you if there are any changes to the code.

Enjoy.

For those wanting a feature list, here you go. I'll add more and modify as I can word it better.

- Users are able to change their own username. Changes may not be apparent immediately, but if you view a page containing posts or their full profile the changes will be made.
- Changed usernames are visible everywhere.
- If you remain idle on a page, it'll silently get the display names for all users you have not compiled a list of yet.
- Users can have their name change ammounts limited with "Credits". Default ammount is editable. Feature is able to be disabled.
- Mods with ability to edit profiles of users can change their display name and credit ammount
- A user with the ID "1" (the creator of the forum) has unlimited name credits
- You can disable certain users from using this feature.

Last Edit: Jul 19, 2011 15:20:34 GMT by Chris

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
This is very handy Chris. I don't know if you allow comments, but I'm commenting.

I've been needing this code for my Zetaboard. Thanks.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
This is very handy Chris. I don't know if you allow comments, but I'm commenting.

I've been needing this code for my Zetaboard. Thanks.

No reason not to comment. :P

Anyways, it's not ZetaBoards compatible... it is with the predecessor, InvisionFree, but not ZB.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Opps. I meant InvisionBoards. Shame for having 5 proboards, 2 zetas, and3 invisions. :P

I'm stop talking now.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Chris - how hard is IF to code for? I've had a load of people ask me to do paid requests for it - but never tried! :P Is it worth it? :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Michael Avatar
Chris - how hard is IF to code for? I've had a load of people ask me to do paid requests for it - but never tried! :P Is it worth it? :)

It takes some getting used to, but that's about it. :P Not too bad.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Quacker Jack Avatar
Opps. I meant InvisionBoards. Shame for having 5 proboards, 2 zetas, and3 invisions. :P

I'm stop talking now.

I don't even understand how you can manage being active on that many forums...

Nice Code Chris. I was thinking about getting into coding for other forums for a bit...then this thing called V5 came up and I decided to stick here for a bit longer. ;)
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
It's probably 'dispersed activity'... I'm part of four(-ish) forums that I check daily (all the others I check weekly or maybe monthly) and only really post on two of them, but I still keep track of things that happen on them.

I've never managed to be fully active on more than two forums, it just takes too much time.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
~Memzak~ Avatar
It's probably 'dispersed activity'... I'm part of four(-ish) forums that I check daily (all the others I check weekly or maybe monthly) and only really post on two of them, but I still keep track of things that happen on them.

I've never managed to be fully active on more than two forums, it just takes too much time.

Back in the day I was active on SZ, SoCal, Hatake, and Gaia. I would have intermittent activity on PBS, SSD, Zanmato/Zenith, HBS, and a few others too. :P

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
That is a lot...I am active SZ, PBS, CHU (school), MODG (school)....and I never really been active on more than that at once.
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

newBookmarkLockedFalling