Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
fredy said:
ya... i think a major improvement would be changing the premade graphics database, into an actual database like the code index... and yes. I know what your going to say. You'd have to give headers/footers to the mod of that board. Well, either trust your staff, or figure something else out :P

We're not talking about SZ here. :P But to respond to that, I just don't want to give a mod headers/footers power. It was even the last power Kay got. If I had headers/footers at a forum, I could delete the forum.

blade said:
When i created DX5 (DX5 Designs at the time) it was pretty much nothing, Just another noob attempt at a design forum.. But i was still dedicated to it to the max.. I had like half the forums total post count because i would start up alot of discussions and topics.. I got an idea one day to transform the forum into a full blown skin community.. We did that and we headed straight to success.. because there werent many (if not any) places with that type of genre.. I've seen quite a few attempts of people copying our set up and theme and they failed right away.

So with that said.. You need to really brainstorm a unique idea.. Just because you see a real big board doesn't mean if you decide to make one just like it, it'll grow to be big. It most likely wont.. You need to create a board theme that isn't whored out. Even if you want to create a GFX forum.. Find a unique thing to provide.. Like SSD does with Art.. SZ does with Coding.. DX5 does with Skins and your forum will probably grow to be something.

People unfortunately complain about lack of unique ideas since there aren't many left that can be done, or rather, they just can't think of any.

newBookmarkLockedFalling