Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

richardgary1223
Q. Border Inside Picture

I think you understood what I am trying to post in, I would like to know how the border for instance this picture has got:

I only want to know, how the border (A Frame Kind of thing) has come inside the picture. I also want to learn how.

Last Edit: Apr 10, 2008 15:50:25 GMT by richardgary1223

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
This one is easy enough. Quick tut. This is assuming you are in Photoshop

1. Create a new layer and CTRL+A to select all
2. Edit > Stroke. Do 3 pixel (2 pixel may work too) and select inside. Hit Ok
3. Now you have two choices. You can try lowering the opacity to like 30% or you can change the layer style. You'll want to check out Overlay and Screen and then mess with opacity to get it right
4. Finally, it looks like they have a secondary border in there so you want to double click the layer with the stroke in it and select the "Stroke" option. Set it to 1 pixel, black, and inside. Then you want to play with the opacity of the stroke until you get the effect that you want. Then hit Ok

That should give you the effect you are looking for. :)
This is my old account. This is my new account

richardgary1223
I couldn't get it. :)

Ok, can we do that with GIMP or any other Gfx program? With Photoshop I did. My tryout version expired. :-/

Last Edit: Apr 11, 2008 2:47:50 GMT by richardgary1223

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
GIMP should work. Haven't used that in like... years, though, so I don't know if the settings would all be the same or what they would be called

richardgary1223
I just wanted to know how that frame kind of border went inside the picture. ???

There are two frames, one in and one out. :)

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
Yeah, well I told you how you would do it in Photoshop. Not sure about other programs since I only use Photoshop now.

richardgary1223
oh, wow, how I wish I could still use tryout version, I cannot even save my work now. :-/

richardgary1223
*sorry for double-post*

Just got Adobe Photoshop CS2, I tried the output tut you gave, it came sort of like this:

img153.imageshack.us/img153/494/charava1sr4.png

Josh

Josh Avatar

July 2009
First off, this border style is something should be used on darker backgrounds. Next, make sure in step 2 you use white as your stroke color and black in step 4. With Step 3, try only lowering the opacity.

Tell me how it looks after that.

richardgary1223
Ok, I will try.. ;)

newBookmarkLockedFalling