Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
Alright...now 3 people have mentioned it, yes, I have to admit that it's going downhill. I have no idea what to do now but to ponder it dying just like PWP...<_<

In case we have some bright idea to restore this place. Via competitions and special events...which I have no clue on what to do.

Zcourge

Zcourge Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
I guess a little more advertising on the major boards such as Hatake Forum, G101, Solid Snake Design and such could improve the amount of people browsing through Studio Zero. And I think that you should force all staff members being active, or at least make them post some new stuff in the boards they are moderating.

I hope that helps.. I don't want Studio Zero to die! :'(

Boag

Boag Avatar
Yo Yo Ma!

Official Member

September 2005
I may be wrong, but is this place not very new? If so (or even if it isn't) you can't expect everyone just to flood onto your site instead of going to other bigger one's, if activity drops, it doesn't mean the forum is dying, it just means the staff aren't working hard enough to keep people on here. A site doesn't die until it gets closed, you need to have patience to get a long running site going, and i've never in my entire internet-life seen a new website open and be instantly a massive success - it'll take months before anything like that happens.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
we're not going downhill, if you keep saying that i will have to kick you ;D

Studio zero is doing fine, and new members come here everyday, so shut it !

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Um, what they said. See, forums have their ups and downs. Usually an uber up, then a massive drop, then slowly goes up until it's great. Advertise more. Go to G101 and affiliate with them. I'm sure they'd love to and you'd get more people here. Otherwise, just keep posting. Even if it isn't active, treat it as if it were and members will slowly catch on and it will become great.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Well, all forums go through their slumps, but if you want to do something about it:

--Look through some of my suggestions again and see if other people agree with at least a few more. >_>
--Less boards. Especially that have to do with just anything in general. In my opinion, having way too many specific boards just kills them off. Here's what I would do:

Move Personal Showcase and Request Zone back to the graphics category. I have no clue what they're doing there in General.

Delete the Current Affairs board. This only takes away activity from the lounge. Make it into a debate board, if you want. I dunno.

I would say delete JapAnime too, but give it a chance first. It might stay active.

Make JapAnime a sub-board in the lounge (convention center).

Delete the Entertainment sector. General is good enough.

Make a video game board in the general sector. This can be a sub-board in the convention center, or a separate board. Doesn't matter.

So something like this:
Intel (what does this mean, anyway?)
--Notices
--Feedback and Suggestions
General
--Convention Center (should be first in my opinion)
---Video Games
---JapAnime
---Forum Games
--Intro!
Graphics
--Premade Database
--Request Zone
--Personal Showcase
--Graphics Exchange
--Graphics Tutorials

And keep the Web Development category the same.

--And of course, advertise, advertise, advertise.

Last Edit: Sept 3, 2005 19:01:02 GMT by Ess Ohh

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
this is the time that makes or breaks a forum, the time when alot of members lose intrest, you need to have events, compatitions, mix things up and mostly Advertise. make an advertising sig something that you make stand out when you scrol down a page you st op and go wow and click it, you need to spin things up surprise members, start some projects, mabey coding or templates, something they can look forward to. mabey even group projects like teams sign up and compete to make the best template and then the winners template is featured. hope that helps some.
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Let's put it this way, if we were going "downhill" as some has said, then answer me this.

Why was I not on for maybe a good 20 hours, last time I had been on we only had 84 members, then 20 hours later when I came to post and such, there was 96!! Now there's 98, we're close to our 100 mark. We just need some of those that have signed up to actually post that's it. :P

And of course ADVERTISE! Which I have been doing over at SSD and ZD.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
kay said:

And of course ADVERTISE! Which I have been doing over at SSD and ZD.

WE* :P

There are like 5 or more member with a SZ sig in their sig :P

Bobby

Bobby Avatar

August 2005
I think one thing that may be driving some people away from being here all the time is the loading time. It seems better now than it was a couple weeks ago, but it's still quite sluggish. To expand, I'm running on a 5mbps (at least, usually higher) connection, Firefox, and a 2.6GHz processor. It's not my machine. :P

Regardless though, I don't see this message board as "dieing". Quite the opposite actually.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I lost track of all the ideas guys, but like you said advertising and such, so that's probably the best.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
That, and I think that any and all changes that you and Xylish are planning, will have a big effect.

.trance\\

.trance\\ Avatar

August 2005
I made a chunk of activity in here for a while (it was small, but big enough to be seen) then I had to leave for a few days because of school work, etc. and lost my sig challenge because of it. >.>

Studio Zero has just begun. Like Boag said, you can't expect a flood of members and amazing activity within a couple weeks. It can and usually does take months before a forum becomes big. Just come up with a few activities to keep the place going and members to keep coming back.

Make a SOtW competition. Make a HUGE competition, in fact. Not just yet, though. Once we get some more designers (which, of course, won't take long), go ahead and make weekly competitions to make various things instead of just sigs.

As you can see, my ideas are very unorganized and come up as I go on. XD

Anyways, we're doing just fine.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
cddude229 said:
I lost track of all the ideas guys, but like you said advertising and such, so that's probably the best.

One of those ideas was to rearrange the boards. =P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Yes, I saw that SO. XD May do that later, but I need to talk with Joe first. Maybe plan a whole new board layout that all staff approves of.

newBookmarkLockedFalling