Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
Devil May Cry 4. Man that game is fun. I love that series and can't wait to pick up DMC.

Also, Kid Icarus Uprising. I can't believe that game is for a handheld. If you have a 3DS and don't have this game, you've made a terrible mistake.

I honestly still haven't beaten DMC4, but I've preordered DMC.

I've honestly only beaten 2. I was never a huge fan of the first. It just felt too slow compared to 2 and 3 (I didn't play it when it was originally released; first time was after 2, and then I picked it up to play through it all after playing 3 a bit to get the full story, but then the Navy happened and I don't have my PS2 here with me). And since I went back to one after enjoying 3 for a bit, I never beat that either. The other day I just decided to start playing them (I have 3 and 4 through Steam) and I figured I'd just go for 4 since it's the newest and I just wanted to fuck around more or less. Now I'm actually pretty hooked and might very well jump back to 3 when I'm done.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
crazynarutard Avatar
DOTA 2!

Simie is on there as well...haven't had the pleasure to play with him yet though :)

I've had like 9 opportunities to get an invite to DOTA 2 (including today), but I've been deployed and can't take advantage of any of them. :(

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
crazynarutard Avatar
DOTA 2!

Simie is on there as well...haven't had the pleasure to play with him yet though :)

I'm so bad at DOTA. I've only played in a team against bots so far out of fear :P

I've got billions of invites though, if someone has need of one.

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
Heh, still Dwarf fortress, but I did play a bit of Minecraft on the side a couple minutes before that.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

I honestly still haven't beaten DMC4, but I've preordered DMC.

I've honestly only beaten 2. I was never a huge fan of the first. It just felt too slow compared to 2 and 3 (I didn't play it when it was originally released; first time was after 2, and then I picked it up to play through it all after playing 3 a bit to get the full story, but then the Navy happened and I don't have my PS2 here with me). And since I went back to one after enjoying 3 for a bit, I never beat that either. The other day I just decided to start playing them (I have 3 and 4 through Steam) and I figured I'd just go for 4 since it's the newest and I just wanted to fuck around more or less. Now I'm actually pretty hooked and might very well jump back to 3 when I'm done.

1 is a tad slower, but it's a great intro to the series. They completely changed the control scheme for the next 3 though, so it's actually hard to go back and play.

2 is trivially easy. You can kill everything with bullets. I hated that.

3 is the hardest in my opinion.

4 I haven't beaten because it's longer and I was in college. I do like it so far though. :P I need to get back to that.

Edit: Started playing Saints Row Two today because watching my friends play the Third one made me want to beat it.

Last Edit: Jan 9, 2013 5:57:07 GMT by Chris

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

1 is a tad slower, but it's a great intro to the series. They completely changed the control scheme for the next 3 though, so it's actually hard to go back and play.

4 I haven't beaten because it's longer and I was in college. I do like it so far though. :P I need to get back to that.

Edit: Started playing Saints Row Two today because watching my friends play the Third one made me want to beat it.

2 is quite easy, yes, but the fluidity of the controls and higher tempo of combat is why I liked it slightly more. 3 is balls hard in the best way possible and much more difficult than 4. I'm playing 4 on Demon Hunter (Medium or Hard; I'm not sure since it's either that or "Human" for difficulties right now) and it's MUCH easier than 3 is. It's rare that you find yourself fighting for your life in any instance outside of boss battles, and even those aren't that hard depending on how fast you catch on to the boss's pattern and moveset. Still, I find myself dying occasionally with bosses, but that's it. Especially Dante. Fuck he was hard.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

2 is quite easy, yes, but the fluidity of the controls and higher tempo of combat is why I liked it slightly more. 3 is balls hard in the best way possible and much more difficult than 4. I'm playing 4 on Demon Hunter (Medium or Hard; I'm not sure since it's either that or "Human" for difficulties right now) and it's MUCH easier than 3 is. It's rare that you find yourself fighting for your life in any instance outside of boss battles, and even those aren't that hard depending on how fast you catch on to the boss's pattern and moveset. Still, I find myself dying occasionally with bosses, but that's it. Especially Dante. Fuck he was hard.

Only the flying bee dude in 4 gave me serious issues. I think I'm on Demon Hunter, but I really can't recall.

I'm at the point where you get to play as Dante finally.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Only the flying bee dude in 4 gave me serious issues. I think I'm on Demon Hunter, but I really can't recall.

Yeah, the bee guy kept getting me. I was having trouble dodging his life sucking thing for some reason and it took me a couple tries to realize that a simple charged pistol shot would cancel his preliminary power up. Got a LOT easier after that.

As for your spoiler, I haven't gotten there yet (I haven't played in a few days), but luckily I was aware of that. My original gripe with the game was Nero, so I did some reading and discovered that. But really, I enjoy Nero's play style and I think it's a refreshing change of pace, especially since Dante is still running around in the game as a sort of rival or whatever. I still prefer him, but I don't mind playing as Nero. His arm is awesome.

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
Nero is insane. I enjoyed playing as him more than Dante.

On a side note, my most recently played game was Powder Game 2... although it could be considered more of a simulator than a game...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

Yeah, the bee guy kept getting me. I was having trouble dodging his life sucking thing for some reason and it took me a couple tries to realize that a simple charged pistol shot would cancel his preliminary power up. Got a LOT easier after that.

As for your spoiler, I haven't gotten there yet (I haven't played in a few days), but luckily I was aware of that. My original gripe with the game was Nero, so I did some reading and discovered that. But really, I enjoy Nero's play style and I think it's a refreshing change of pace, especially since Dante is still running around in the game as a sort of rival or whatever. I still prefer him, but I don't mind playing as Nero. His arm is awesome.

Nero is a nice change of pace. I really enjoy being able to grab people.

Also, I did not know that stopped his charge up. FUCK. I always ran up and tried to melee him quick enough. (I think he was in the air so I had to jump?)

Currently watching my roomie play through God of War I.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Also, I did not know that stopped his charge up. FUCK. I always ran up and tried to melee him quick enough. (I think he was in the air so I had to jump?)

Yeah, I tried that, but it was too hard so I just shot him once and saw it canceled it and I was like, "Oh, you've gotta be kidding me."

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

Yeah, I tried that, but it was too hard so I just shot him once and saw it canceled it and I was like, "Oh, you've gotta be kidding me."

The game has a lot of those... for example (I forget already if you said you beat DMC3), but the final boss in DMC3 has a ton of small tricks. :P I'll let you figure them out

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Pokemon!

c:
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Borderlands 2. But before that, I was beating DMC5.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Been back to NCAA13 again. :P Old habits die hard.

newBookmarkLockedFalling