Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

stoner
Josh Avatar
Hotshot Avatar

Our exams are only 100 questions because they use this scantron sheet and it only comes with 100 answer rows of A B C D E.

E is basically used for matching sections or something. For example Macbeth.

Which events happened first.

A. Macbeth dies
B. Macbeth is king
C. Macbeth kills people
D. Macbeth is born
E. Macbeth wins a fight
AB. Macbeth slays the dragon
and so on..

...we had scantron sheets with 400 questions on them back when I took my bio exam freshman year. 225 questions and two essays to be completed in an hour and a half. You won't be surprised to learn that less than a quarter of the class managed to pass.

That is awful! Ours is 150 Short Answer and 50 Matching. There isn't any A , B , C etc.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Last B I got was in 8th grade.... then again, I slept through most of my classes and kept up about a 3.5 equivalent then since it doesn't count. :P

Almost got a B freshman year when they jumped me from not taking Spanish to Spanish II... slight issue there. :P This last year I almost got a B in Academic Decathlon (along with the rest of the class, if not a lower grade) because the teacher is a freaking dumbass. Part of the curriculum is supposed to be points based off participation at contests and he decided it shouldn't be included. (When he included it, my grade jumped from a 92% to a 125% to show you the difference.) Luckily our school adviser/standardized test master/old english department chair/old aca deca head bitched him out. Because if someone you got two of a possible four gold medals (the other two were gotten by people on our team) is getting a B, something is wrong. :P

But yeah, nothing else really for bad report cards. :P

Last Edit: Jul 30, 2008 22:04:37 GMT by Chris

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Last B I got was in 8th grade.... then again, I slept through most of my classes and kept up about a 3.5 equivalent then since it doesn't count. :P

Almost got a B freshman year when they jumped me from not taking Spanish to Spanish II... slight issue there. :P This last year I almost got a B in Academic Decathlon (along with the rest of the class, if not a lower grade) because the teacher is a freaking dumbass. Part of the curriculum is supposed to be points based off participation at contests and he decided it shouldn't be included. (When he included it, my grade jumped from a 92% to a 125% to show you the difference.) Luckily our school adviser/standardized test master/old english department chair/old aca deca head bitched him out. Because if someone you got two of a possible four gold medals (the other two were gotten by people on our team) is getting a B, something is wrong. :P

But yeah, nothing else really for bad report cards. :P

You terrible, terrible student you.

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
But I thought 9th grade didn't count and it screwed me up and took away a lot of my Honors Classes. :( Then I did bad tenth grade because I didn't care especially my good classes were gone. And 11th and 12th were just jokes and I got like high A averages in every class I took then.
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
Chris 3.0 [New features? Yes.] says:
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Moose Avatar
But I thought 9th grade didn't count and it screwed me up and took away a lot of my Honors Classes. :( Then I did bad tenth grade because I didn't care especially my good classes were gone. And 11th and 12th were just jokes and I got like high A averages in every class I took then.

...I thought it was common knowledge that grades started counting in freshman year? oO And I had to work my ass off in 7th and 8th grade. 7th grade I wasn't in honors math because I didn't score high enough on a standardized test. So I worked my ass off to get invited towards the end of the year. I do, take the test, got the highest score anyone had ever gotten (198 out of 200) and then was put into Algebra I AC for 8th grade. Problem was that I missed out on Pre-Algebra (which I should have been in in 7th grade if I was honors or 8th grade if I was normal) and had absolutely no idea what was going on. Long story short, got 2 C semester grades thanks to that class. lol

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
stoner Avatar
but Exams are major in your grade!

It doesn't matter when you're going into them with a 14, lol.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
rofl. Some guy at my math exam had to get 125% on his exam to PASS THE YEAR. rofl xD
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Moose Avatar

...I thought it was common knowledge that grades started counting in freshman year? oO And I had to work my ass off in 7th and 8th grade. 7th grade I wasn't in honors math because I didn't score high enough on a standardized test. So I worked my ass off to get invited towards the end of the year. I do, take the test, got the highest score anyone had ever gotten (198 out of 200) and then was put into Algebra I AC for 8th grade. Problem was that I missed out on Pre-Algebra (which I should have been in in 7th grade if I was honors or 8th grade if I was normal) and had absolutely no idea what was going on. Long story short, got 2 C semester grades thanks to that class. lol

So, my entire highschool would have been in honors then since pre-algebra is a 7th grade class here? o.o

Andrew McGivery Avatar
rofl. Some guy at my math exam had to get 125% on his exam to PASS THE YEAR. rofl xD

I've pulled that off before actually. :P Never doubt it on a math exam.

ScottCool

ScottCool Avatar

November 2005
I got a 27% in Algebra this year, it sucked :P

Moose

Moose Avatar

August 2005
ScottCool Avatar
I got a 27% in Algebra this year, it sucked :P

Sorry but that's hilarious.

So nobody thought ninth grade didn't count?

Josh Avatar
Problem was that I missed out on Pre-Algebra (which I should have been in in 7th grade if I was honors or 8th grade if I was normal) and had absolutely no idea what was going on. Long story short, got 2 C semester grades thanks to that class. lol

Crap, crap, crap. I truly believe "Pre" anything is a waste of time. Pre-algebra is all an elementary school review and maybe towards the end you do basic graphing and equations. It's all reviewed in Algebra I anyway. My grade was actually higher in Algebra I than Pre-Algebra only to drop like a bomb in Algebra 2 because that's when high school started. So everyone if it's "Pre" something, try to get out of it, it's a waste of time, just self-study and review a bit beforehand.

Last Edit: Jul 31, 2008 4:22:33 GMT by Moose
Greg says:
Coding music...
Greg says:
Hmm...
Greg says:
I wouldn't rule it out. :P
:P
Greg says:
If you think about machine code it's a bunch of 1s and 0s
Anything is possible.
Greg says:
Yeah try to code Metallica
:P Yeah, I'll get right on that... right after I learn to fly.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris: We've been over it before and I think we did come to the conclusion of no. :-P

And Moose: AC Algebra I finished the 9th grade Algebra I book in about 25 weeks. We did 15 weeks of Geometry and Trig prep after that. There was a three day review of Pre-Algebra before the class started. For the most part AC Pre-Algebra was a quarter of Algebra I at the very end so I missed out on a quarter of Algebra I and had to go through and learn it on my own time while still learning the stuff that we were learning at that time. Not entirely easy to do. :-P

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
My worst ever was a C-. My best was A++.

webmaren

webmaren Avatar
Una salus vicits, nullam sperare salutem

Dedicated Member

August 2007
Josh Avatar
Chris: We've been over it before and I think we did come to the conclusion of no. :-P

And Moose: AC Algebra I finished the 9th grade Algebra I book in about 25 weeks. We did 15 weeks of Geometry and Trig prep after that. There was a three day review of Pre-Algebra before the class started. For the most part AC Pre-Algebra was a quarter of Algebra I at the very end so I missed out on a quarter of Algebra I and had to go through and learn it on my own time while still learning the stuff that we were learning at that time. Not entirely easy to do. :-P

See, that there is just wrong. Schools should not shift the curriculum around like that. They screw up people who move their classes around because the "intro-level" class that they should have been able to skip over with a little effort was in fact 1/3 of the class that they come into.

And for everyone who complains about multiple choice, they aren't that bad. I did 70 multiple choice in 15 mins on my AP World History exam, and 150 in 30 mins on my Japanese V exam. If it takes you more than 30sec to do the average multiple choice on an exam, you don't know the material and you shouldn't pass. Of course there are a couple super-hard ones that may take a minute, but those are pretty rare.

newBookmarkLockedFalling