Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
What is your favorite Design Style? :P
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Simple web design based more on layout and usability more than actual graphic work. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P heh.

Mine is either what josh said, or vector. One of the two. :P
k

Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Avatar
M30W

Dedicated Member

January 2009
I like vector even though I couldn't make it if my life depended on it and I like making sigs and photomanips.

SSJ Sonic-X

SSJ Sonic-X Avatar

January 2009
though i've produced far more abstract pieces than anything else, my favorite is photo manip.
TEAM PS3 | NikeTalk

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I love sleek, shiny templates a lot. They make me as happy as Fredy <3. I am also starting to play with vector templates. Of late, I love tons of subdued hues and earthy tones + retro/grunge templates. I like the usage of new colours and doing skins outside the box. A little something new each time. And not restricting yourself to 1 particular style.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
VECTOR
And glossy templates. :P

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
Banners ^^ But I actually try everything out. Like Slip said, not restricting yourself to one particular style. I'd get bored doing the same thing over and over.

aranel

aranel Avatar

Official Member

December 2008
Hard question... ^^

I suppose banners, Siggs... but I like to make backgrounds too =)

ishmael

ishmael Avatar

Official Member

Male

February 2009
What are siggs? You mean cigarettes?

I enjoy making abstract modern art above all else, even though most jobs require a good knowledge about template design.

What, you wanted to check out a shweet tutorial?

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Anything I can be bothered to do at the time. Though, I like doing web concepts, or forum concepts, or even feature concepts <3

richardgary1223
I lack at web concepts... So, I love to landscape away when I'm bored or mess around with teh Pen tool of PS... Its fun. :P

newfieldgrafix
Conor Avatar
VECTOR
And glossy templates. :P

You read my mind!

I can't seem to use Adobe Illustrator (FAIL of a program...) But I do use Flash MX (WIN)

Anything with a glass look (you should've seen my face when I first saw Vista...).

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
I don't know what Vector is. I think I should know though since I am a designer. lol. :-/ :-[

I guess I would have plan works of art. I don't really care for the glossy stuff, but I have been doing that a lot.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

newfieldgrafix
A quote from one of my old articles...

It's a bit simplistic, but it's intended for people that don't know much about CG.

OK so you've mentioned "vector" several times, what do you mean?
I'm glad you asked...

Vectography is the art of compiling images using lines and curves, instead if pixels. This way, we can have an image that is infinitely scalable and therefore; no loss of quality would occur when zooming. There is a slight downfall however, using bevels in vectors can be hit and miss, along with other filters that we take for granted in the graphics world.

But where do people use vectorgraphics?
Well, you use vectorgraphics in every day computing. Most fonts are simple vector images, that's why we can resize them, without the words getting pixelated. And don't forget the many Flash Applications you see on and offline, such as web ads, interactive CDs and DVDs, video players, such as the YouTube player and many others. The chances are; if you've been on a computer, you will have been exposed to vectorgraphics - unless you still use DOS - in which case, how are you reading this?

Last Edit: Jul 1, 2009 6:52:06 GMT by newfieldgrafix

newBookmarkLockedFalling