Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Alright, let's be honest here. The whole "closing down" thing was a decision made after about 5 minutes of arguing between our two admins. It's also become obvious that a lot of people really cared about this site, even though they weren't that active. It makes me and the rest of the staff feel kind of bad for putting everybody through this, especially since most of us didn't have a say in this.

A lot can be done to save the site from the Hell to which it was heading. We just never got together and thought it out. Thus, we did just that. A few days ago, we had a full staff meeting. Both our admins, myself, and all of the lower staff (with the exception of slip, although his absence is completely understandable) attended. There, we reviewed all of the reasons for the site to close and all of the problems that ultimately led to it. Pretty much all of us had a viewpoint of wanting the site to remain open. I know a lot of people are sad to SZ go. I am too, and so are almost all of the entire staff.

After a bit of arguing and throwing of the suggestions and stuff, we've worked out an outline for a re-opening plan. Basically, we're going to re-organize the staff and do a little cleaning to the forum. v3 is out of the question, at this point. As a result, we may spice up the current skins or at least do something to signify some kind of difference. I won't release all of the details of said "plan" since it's all just a rough outline, at this point. However, if things go as we believe them to, it is very possible that we can fully revive this site and bring it back to the glory that it used to be.

At this point, I'd like to open the floor to questions. Try to avoid asking specific things like "Who's going to be the new coding mod?" or "About what time of day can we expect this re-opening?". We can't release those details at this point. Not only do you not know them, we don't know them either. I'll start with just answering a few possible questions you may have, though.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why are you the one announcing this and not an admin?
Chris didn't want to do this. He also didn't seem to care who announced it. Me being the highest below Chris & Kay, I decided to do it instead. As long the public is notified of what's going on, who cares who announced it, right?

When can we expect this to happen?
It should probably take about a week. That's not a definite guess, though. It could take shorter or longer. We just don't know.

Why announce this if it's not even certain this will happen?
We don't want to leave our members believing that SZ is doomed forever. There is still hope, but our current public statements make it seem that we're completely shot.

Will version 3 ever happen?
No. Well, at least not the one you were expecting. Chris & Josh have both officially given up on it. We are planning to rework at least one of the skins, though. We're not sure who or how to do it yet, but it is planned.

I want to help, what can I do?
Just help us spread the word. It's already spread that SZ is closed. We need to help people know that SZ is trying to recover. A site that's lasted this long has enough of a reputation and member-base to get back up from a fall this big. Help us by letting everybody know that. Oh, and if you could help promote the re-opening as much as you can, that would be awesome. :)

I have a suggestion. Want to hear it?
Hell yes. We need all the help we can get. If it's something you're comfortable with sharing with everybody, feel free to post it in this thread. If it's more of a private matter, just drop Chris, Kay, or me a private message. I'd recommend messaging me, though. I'll get it to the rest of the staff fastest.

I don't think SZ can re-open. Should I tell you why?
Again, hell yes. If you have noticed any potential reasons that would prevent this from happening, please let us know about them. We're trying to solve every problem we can and get SZ back to it's place as the best damn forum on the Internet, a title it's rightfully deserved for years. We want this release to go as smoothly as possible. Any and all obstacles need to be pointed out and eliminated.

Alright, I'm out of things to say. Please give us your suggestions and offers of help. This will be very uneasy. Closing a site is hella easier than restoring it, especially when it's already been closed. Please don't give up on SZ as easily as we did at first. There is still a chance, and we're going to take it, damnit! :D
wat

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Thats the SZ I know!!!!!
And Might I say w00t to this idea????
(too bad I already did)
But YAY!
I will help in any way. Anything you need me with, (besides coding) I will gladly do.
I want this Studio back and I want it better than EVUR!

nathanielgresham

nathanielgresham Avatar

February 2009
I am here to help *cough* The Lit Corner *cough* .
I am spreading the world through my blog.

I think we can do this!

danielazarc
I'll help any way I can. My website is already affiliated with SZ and I don't plan on taking it down. No harm in putting a little link in my sig on PBS as well. Whether I can offer my help as a possible staff member, advertising dood, or just an active member, I'll offer my help.

17Godzilla

17Godzilla Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
Internet forums are dying in general. Especially design sites. I wish you the best of luck and thank you for not closing.

(BTW, I'm one of those members who's not active but cares about SZ =) )

Last Edit: Oct 12, 2008 1:06:59 GMT by 17Godzilla
enalia.proboards92.com/index.cgi

Remixed

Remixed Avatar

April 2006
I'll help in any way I can. I made a signature:

i38.tinypic.com/2m6u1rs.png

Really simple, but I think it's to the point. Anyways, I really want to help out in ANY way I can, whether it be advertising (which I'm doing), being active, being staff, I just want to see Studio Zero back. I'd even help do graphic requests.

Last Edit: Oct 12, 2008 1:32:51 GMT by Remixed

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Interesting idea: Everybody make your own signatures to promote it. Also, I kinda re-made the SZ logo a little as a symbol for the improvement to come. I'll post it once I get the approval of Joe. Don't want to stray too far from his initial designs. ;)

Anyways, it's good to see that we're not alone in this idea. I'm glad everybody's as eager to get SZ back on it's feet as fast as we can. Maybe we needed a temporary closure to get everything back to normal. Who knows or cares? We're coming back, baby! :D
wat

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
nathanielgresham Avatar

.. I'm not trying to be a bitch, however, I absolutely refuse to let you moderate any type of literature board or have anything to do with grammar/spelling. It's why I won't allow you on the Herald at SSD. You honestly talk and type like a twelve year old.

As for me... yes, I wanted to resign. But I've worked it out with the others. I'll basically be a ghost admin/staff member. I'll be around-ish. but don't expect too much out of me. I'll help out when I can, and I'll still be here. I've been a part of SZ from the beginning and I guess I can't give that up fully.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
I can help out with anything. But no I do not expect to be "staff" or anything.

Remixed

Remixed Avatar

April 2006
Kay Avatar
nathanielgresham Avatar

.. I'm not trying to be a bitch, however, I absolutely refuse to let you moderate any type of literature board or have anything to do with grammar/spelling. It's why I won't allow you on the Herald at SSD. You honestly talk and type like a twelve year old.

pwnd.

As for me... yes, I wanted to resign. But I've worked it out with the others. I'll basically be a ghost admin/staff member. I'll be around-ish. but don't expect too much out of me. I'll help out when I can, and I'll still be here. I've been a part of SZ from the beginning and I guess I can't give that up fully.

That's great Kay, but maybe make a new admin category for yourself and somehow make you seem not actually as a staff member. I mean, G101 got destroyed because both of their admins were never active, and one of them just was going to do exactly what you want to do. Does that make sense?

Also, can we like organize a chat on here or on AIM/MSN/etc. for this? I would really want to take part in a huge chat about this.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
Yeah I agree with remixed.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Remixed Avatar
That's great Kay, but maybe make a new admin category for yourself and somehow make you seem not actually as a staff member. I mean, G101 got destroyed because both of their admins were never active, and one of them just was going to do exactly what you want to do. Does that make sense?

Already been talked about, and is exactly what I'd do. :)

Remixed

Remixed Avatar

April 2006
Kay Avatar
Remixed Avatar

Already been talked about, and is exactly what I'd do. :)

Good. :)

(I'm so glad my original post in the Goodbye thread wasn't the last time I used my favorite smiley! :) :P )

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Freddy redirected me to the staff board for the discussions of the reopening. I certainly agree with their agenda...but as a person who has left SZ about 2 years ago...I've been somewhat being involved as a ghost admin/adviser as a founder.

I'm not sure what I can do to help SZ...as the community has developed very differently ever since I have been studying Dentistry and enjoying the Uni side of life (right now we have examinations). But if anything needs to be done such as graphics touchups or misc things such as conflict management etc. I can help along with it.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
My idea for kay's new staff group totally owned all others. :D

As for the chat thing, I can try setting up an IRC room or something. I like that idea. I'll see if I can get something going. :)

Oh, and the new logo:

Transparent version here: uploads.roddyinnovations.com/users/Scorpian8867/rrlogo_trans.png
wat

newBookmarkLockedFalling