Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
[Dr. Nick Voice]Hi everybody![/Dr. Nick Voice] Welcome to the latest installment of the Studio Zero saga: Version 2.1! We were out for quite a while after that little fiasco with Chris and Kay and what-not. Since then, we have made a ton of changes (about 85% of which were done over the past 48 hours). First off, SZ was heading downhill way before the higher-ups gave up on it. That issue simply had to be addressed before anything else could be done. We've come up with a variety of stuff to fix this. That "stuff" is as follows.

A Brand Freakin' New Skin!

Well, we needed to do something, right? I mean, we've all been waiting for v3 for months, now. All of a sudden, the whole project was just chucked out the window. Unacceptable! That being said, we decided to go ahead and make a new skin. Well, for the most part, at least. Rather than making a new v3 that was rushed and only had minimal testing, we just decided to remake the award-winning* v1 skin. I opened up a new PSD, and redrew it to similar proportions. However, you have to admit that v2 had an awesome color scheme. I used similar colors.

As a result, we're calling this version 2.1: Ex². This allowed us to just get away with copying v1's coding, cutting the production time to a mere fraction of what it would have been to making something new. I also kept a relatively impressive work ethic. I got all of the images done within a few days, something that usually takes me months to do. Now that's impressive. :P

New Staff Members!

The former staff consisted of 2 relatively inactive admins, 1 e-mod, and 2 mods, the last three of whom fluctuated in activity constantly. Problem? I do believe so. How about now? NOPE! We've got some new staff members to introduce to ya! But for the sake of.. I don't know, we're just going to re-introduce the entire staff!

Chris - Our CEO/Head Coder!
He may not really be as active as an admin should be, but we'll still keep him around, just for old time's sake.

[ $©Ø®Þ!@Ω™ ] - The [ Bracket Admin ]!
That's me! I shall unleash my mighty bracket powers to provide a fun environment for our community! [/REALLY corny]

ShadowyOne - The Admininator!
Evil-doers best beware. Our resident super-hero shall be unleashing his powers, as well. If you plan to disrupt our community, you'd better think twice... or you'll be admininated!

Fredy - The Village Idiot new E-Mod!
We will never have to worry about non-interesting topics with this guy around.

Slip - STILL Our Resident GFX Mod!
He'll be taking care of our design section. With staff like him backing it up, it'll surely stay alive.

Benjamin - Our NEW Resident GFX Mod's Sidekick!
He'll be doing the same thing that Slip does, except he'll do it under the name "Benjamin".

mrhotshotbillup - Contest Mod!
This guy will be providing some awesome little fun contests for all you peoples. If nothing else, it'll give you something to do when you're bored. Also great for competing, and stuff. :)

(¯`•DregondRahl•._) - Our NEW Coding Mod
Yeah, he'll be doing that whole coding thing. Programmers have a new idol to look up to with this guy around.

Kay - Ghost Admin
She's here, kinda. If you see her pop-up, take a picture. Some collectors will pay millions for these rare shots of supernatural activity.

So there's our new staff line-up! Let's see how good of a job we can do with this mighty force backing the SZ community. ;)

Fewer Restrictions!

We've cut out some of the un-necessary rules that we feel were kind of suppressing the community. This'll hopefully make it a little more fun and entice new users to post, more. The staff will be taking over the whole moderating thing. The line that you shouldn't cross will be drawn with your own common sense. We shouldn't need to spell out what you can and can't do.

A Points System!

Members who do good things and contribute to the community will enjoy a reward, now. And it'll be in a form other than the thumbs-up of our staff! You now have a bragable number tacked on to your profile! Be sure to check out the other thread detailing it, more. Oh, and feel free to ignore it if you don't care. :)

Much, Much More!

I could explain to you the awesome improvements of this site until the cows come home. There's really no point in me doing that, though. Just take a look around. We've tried our best to provide a fun new site while still keeping the atmosphere of the old Studio Zero that you all know and love. :)

Well, that pretty much sums it up! I hope you all enjoy the changes. It definitely took long enough to make them. >.< But all that aside, I'm personally just glad to have SZ back. It was a great site before, and if we play this out correctly, it'll be an even better site, now!

Alright, that's all I've got to say. NOW GET OUT THERE AND POST, DAMMIT! Make this site active, again! :D

Last Edit: Nov 3, 2008 5:20:45 GMT by Scorpian
wat

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Your lack of organization in that post really makes me want to wring your neck. :P

However, I'm glad to see SZ back up on its feet. :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
And since Scorp forgot to mention... we now have another new feature. Largely oversized images (500+ pixels in width) now are auto-resized to 500 pixels in order to prevent unnecessary stretching. When you click on one, it'll open in a new window. :P

Anyways, glad to be back, right guys?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Wait.. Why do I have to be a.... sidekick?

:'(

Yes, Chris, it is good to be back. *strangles*
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Remixed

Remixed Avatar

April 2006
AMAZING! So glad we are back.

And this skin is probably one of the most professional skins I've seen on ProBoards. Again, perfect.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Remixed Avatar
AMAZING! So glad we are back.

And this skin is probably one of the most professional skins I've seen on ProBoards. Again, perfect.

You say that now.. but you just wait. When v17290 is started and then scrapped for v17291... you wont believe your eyes.

Chris and me just got done doing the announcements/contests crap. I'm going to bed. :P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

(¯`•DregondRahl•._)

(¯`•DregondRahl•._) Avatar
Remanifesting-Eternal

Dedicated Member

September 2006
Super shexy rawr ^^

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I've been using v2 for so long now, seeing the mini-profile on the side again is so... unnatural. Haha. You guys did well. <3

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
No mention of me being the only one to use this skin when it was incomplete? I found it, and I got no mention, I found the hidden features too! :'(

I'm appalled chris! :P You know my thoughts already, told you them last night! :)

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Wow

(i'll let you think what you want of that)

danielazarc
Hawt. Very hawt. Welcome back! ;D

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I'm euphoric for two reasons - one, SZ is back up and two, my exams finished. So yeah, a good day. Karma for the skin, scorp.

slip

slip Avatar
Chris spoils me!

Senior Studio Member

April 2006
I love Scorpy's...

design.

<3

Paradox

Paradox Avatar
Formerly, Jam-Legalize.

Official Member

June 2008
It's hawt. I liked the old skin but this one is ten times better.

Though, I wouldn't say it's the best I've seen on Proboards.

acdc

acdc Avatar

Official Member

September 2007
awesome work. Congrats on reopening the studio.

^Sig by Remixed
MLSRepository

newBookmarkLockedFalling